• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 143
Total: 144

Thanksgiving Eve Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, November 24, 2021, 05:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I logged in yesterday but did not post at that moment, then I started running errands and the day got away from me.

It is currently 26 degrees here which is about 6 degrees colder that yesterday morning but because there is no wind it actually feels warmer. We are supposed to top out at 47 degrees by the end of the day.

For Thanksgiving I was invited to one of my neighbor's homes and I accepted. I originally was going to drive down to DC to spend the the day with Vikki and her kids but with my back acting up, having to kennel Kobe and the crazy traffic that I was going to run into, it wasn't worth it.

I'll save all of that energy for Christmas when I have to go to New York to visit my family.

I am still going to cook something for Thanksgiving but instead of turkey I am making a couple of Cornish hens, sweet potatoes, mac & cheese and green beans. I have plenty of desserts including sweet potato pie so I don't have to make anything sweet. I have to also restock the liquor and cannabis. .!!.

What are your Thanksgiving day plans?

Wishing you all a great Hump Day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, sounds like you have a good day planned for tomorrow.  I will be cooking most of my meal today to save on time tomorrow.  My mom, son and his GF and their 70+ lb puppy will be here tomorrow for a few hours.  I got the big dog a special meaty rib bone to eat/chew while the rest of us eat.  I will have him eat it on the floor where there is no rug of course.  Easy to clean up that way.  My 4 cats will be in hiding while they are all here, of course.

It is 25 here right now, which is very cold for this area.  Especially so early in the season.  This is Jan-Feb temp.  Going up to 50 for a couple hrs. later today, then way back down again tonight. My gas furnace keeps my house nice and warm, I keep it set at 69 which is fine for me and all my many houseplants.  If i get cold I just put on more clothes. 

Liz and Ron, what are your plans for today?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  It's a lovely day today and will warm up to 70 later.  I won't be doing much of anything today.  It's hard to do things with a thumb that looks like a piece of bloody meat.  I didn't want to get it wet at all yesterday so I didn't even get to take a bath.  I will tonight.  Washing my hair will certainly be a challenge.  An old friend will be stopping by later this morning.  It'll be nice to see him again.

My baby Discus are doing well.  They prefer mom to dad because she darkens for them better than he does.  I gave them a tad of BBS this morning which they ignored as I expected.  They're just 3 days free swimming and are getting plenty of food from their parents sides.  They generally it takes until 5 days free swimming when they start hunting live food.  It's such a joy to be raising my homebred baby Discus after such a terrible dry spell.

Now we will have to wait until afternoon to hear from Ron.  I'm sure he's got his hands full with plants and club business.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy day before Thanksgiving you guys…!

I think we’re finally into our more seasonal 70s temps now…max today is 72… |brr|

We had a mandolin slicer once and I did the same thing, Liz…that’s gonna hurt…!  I hope it doesn’t get infected…just a few weeks ago I did the same to 2 fingers while slicing beef for stroganoff…

Barb, I empathize with you about the dentist visits…I used to hate the dentist chair…Dad’s high school friend was our family dentist who claimed his high speed drill didn’t cause any pain and I didn’t need Novocain…LIAR!…IT HURT LIKE A SO&#$$*@%&#ch…not so much now, because as an adult when I tell them NO PAIN they make it happen…

Errands to run today, picking up turkey breast, tank maintenance in customer’s office, etc…

Went to Tucson yesterday to pick up some Xmas gifts at Williams-Sonoma…Lucy couldn’t find them anywhere else…it was in a shopping mall we’d not been to and Lucy had a ball shopping and looking in stores she hadn’t been to in a long time…for me it was kind of a living hell…knees and feet started aching…I’d had my final PT session Monday and they had given me a tough set of exit stretches to say it was okay to end the treatments…

After the shopping mall, we went to the Shark’s Reef LFS…it’s been mentioned a few times in our FB page and on our BOD chat group, so I thought I’d peek in…it’s a small shop; both owners were there and we had good discussions about their business in the Tucson area…they sent me off with 2-$10 gift certs and a bunch of 20% coupons for our raffle at the next meeting…!!!    And I didn’t even ask for donations!!!…

Guess I’d better get going now so I can get things done today…you guys stay warm today and don’t forget to hug a fish…
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I'm all finished making all of my Thanksgiving food except for my Cornish hens which I will cook tomorrow. I'll have turkey at the place I was invited to for dinner.  mim mim mim 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.