• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 142
Total: 143

Dreary Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, November 22, 2021, 09:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  They forecast rain for last night but I didn't believe them because they're always wrong.  Darned if they weren't right this time.  It was a nice gentle rain that went on for most of the night.  This morning it's overcast and misty but the sun is supposed to come out this afternoon.

My Discus babies attached to the parent's backs this morning.  Dad managed it like an old pro but mom was kind of confused.  I'm bad as estimating but I'd say I have between 75 and 100 babies.

Not much going on today.  I'll be doing some laundry and once I clean the kitchen I'll be doing a bit of cooking.  Chef Paul on Simply has a Thai red curry recipe that sounds good.  He and I have the same taste in food.

Anything up with y'all?  What ever it is, I hope that all of you have a pleasant day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. Liz, it seems like I have similar weather as you for today. We are cloudy after overnight rain and the temp is currently 50 degrees. That will changed this evening when the temp plunges into the low 30s and the wind picks up.

I didn't sleep very well last night so I've been dragging my butt around today. No sense trying to do anything but relax for now. Maybe I'll get lucky and doze off for a little while.

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, also dreary here too, rainy (which I am glad to get) and warmish at 60.  But going way down tonight and tomorrow, maybe the 20's.  Now that is too cold.

Congrats on the discus fry Liz!!  If you grow them out to 2"ers I will be getting some!
Today is my daughter's 45th birthday, can hardly believe it.  And she is healthy and happy and doing great.  Several years ago she was in a place to not make it to even 40.  All is well now.

You all take it easy and rest up.  I am STILL not used to the time change. I keep waking up at 5 or 5:30am, even if I go to sleep at 12.
Barb

LizStreithorst

The sun is out here now, Willie.  The cold front is on it's way but thank God it will not be as cold here as there.

It's been a terrible back day for me.  I don't know why because I rested all day yesterday after having groomed a dog both Friday and Saturday.  I have my appointment for the neurosurgeon.  Actually I see his nurse practitioner the first time.  The appointment is for Jan 10th.  It will be a long painful wait for me until then.  I can handle it.  I have a strong will and no choice in the matter.

Barb, you will be first on my list.  Tell Diane happy birthday from me.  Don't tell her that I had given up on her ever getting well.  She's had a tough journey to recovery and deserves a big celebration for reaching level 45 despite odds to the contrary.  You never gave up on her.  She likely won't realize that until she reaches level 70.  I understand my parents way more now than I did when I was 45.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Missed you all yesterday...I was still kinda achey in the morning...and didn't do much all day...

Liz, I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble with your back...you too Willie... right now mine is not bothering me as much...but then again I'm not trying to do as much physical activity as you...I've taken the last 2 weeks off from PT and exercises at home...but will get back into it...I know it's hard for us to accept that we can't physically do what we used to...

Lucy had 10am and 1pm card making classes today...she loves it...I paid bills in the morning...went to my last PT session for my knee today...then over to my LFS to pick up $177 worth of  dry goods for our club's "Rafflelapoosa" on the 5th...it's our Holiday meeting...total, we have over $2000 in gifts for the raffle... donations from sponsors and club purchased...

One of our directors Googled Arizona aquarium clubs and we're the first ones on the list...kinda cool, don't you think?...

Tomorrow we're going to take a day trip down to Tucson to do a little shopping for Xmas presents for our daughter, her wonderful boyfriend, and our granddaughter...might take in 1 or 2 fish stores too!...😉

I hope all of you had a good day today and are getting some good rest tonight...cheers!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron