• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

First Frost Saturday

Started by wsantia1, November 20, 2021, 04:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today is the first day of the season where the temp dipped below the freezing mark. It was 29 degrees when I got up but we will get to a high temp of 50F by this afternoon under a partly cloudy sky.

I started house cleaning yesterday and I will continue along that path until I can get this house ready for the holidays. I'm still debating weather I will put up a Christmas tree this year. I didn't last year but I have a nice artificial one in the basement and all of the ornaments.

Other than that I will putz in the fishroom which is getting cluttered up again and try to stay warm. Have a great day everyone. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, that is cold!  It is 37 here now and windy at 8am.  There was frost last week here, that took out the last of my flowers.  But it helps to have sun out there.  Not trying to rush the season, but I am ready for Spring.  I could do without Winter.  I do have a Fall blooming beautiful pink Camellia out in my backyard, it is gorgeous.  May take a pic to show you when it gets warmer today.  I think you should put up your tree and decorate it Willie.  I am getting my snowman collection ready to put out, indoors and out.  You all have a great weekend!
Barb

Ron Sower

Good morning, Willie, Barb, Liz when you get on, and any other Muggers that are following the 4 of us... ;D

We're at 62 right now and that's chilly!...Only going to 76 today, so that's w days sooner than the last tv weatherman I paid any attention to this past week...we've actually been about 10° Warmer this month than the averages...

I was really hoping to catch up on my sleep last night since I've only been getting about4 hours the 2 nights before...but about 4 hours after we got our boosters @ 5:30 yesterday our shot sites started getting sore, and I was awake thru the night with flu like aches and pains through My whole body... :-\ ...and it's still going on...Lucy seems worse this time than I...Last time it was reverse...we planned for this based on reports of friends...so nothing planned for today but just putzing...

Yesterday I spent most of the day working on stuff in the fish room...still had a few plants I put into substrate...topped off small tanks...separated mats of Buce into individual plants to sell...dealt with some phone calls and texting related to club activities...etc....

Well...when I started this there was still 15 minutes of morning left on the east coast...so now I wish you a good afternoon!😃...

That's all I can manage now guys...hope you day is better than mine has started out...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  Sorry I missed yesterday.  I was hung over.  I still groomed a dog, though.  Today I did my favorite people's Scotty.  As usual they were more than generous.  They brought me 2 things of frozen bacon, a fully cooked spiral ham, and a Christmas present that I've been ordered not to open until the day.  I love that dog and I love the owners.

My big news is that finally have Discus wigglers.  There is a nutty story about these.  The female doesn't lay a ton of eggs and the male is barely fertile.  Last spawn I got 1 wiggler.  This time I got 6.  BUT...The older pair that I took to the pet store to sell because the male was old and no longer fertile and then brought back home because people around here don't pay $150. each for fish.  I had them in the 100 gallon Discus tank with some grow outs. They were spawning at regular intervals as always and this time they spawned at the same time as the young pair.  I thought, What the hell...pulled their cone and put it in with the young pair's.  Guess what?  I have a great bunch of wigglers from the "infertile" fish.  I guess the oldies got decided that the end was near while they were at the pet shop and decided to get their reproductive systems going again in order to save their lives.  Now the young pair will get the hang learn how to raise babies while they are maturing more themselves.  Thank you God.  My life is complete now that I can call myself a Discus breeder again.

Willie, I generally ignore Christmas but I do have the gnome that Barb sent me last year and a decoration or a 2.  I'll have to do something since I have a gift to put under whatever I get to decorate.

Barb, it got to 37 here too.  My zinnias are toast and I pulled up my basil yesterday because I wouldn't use it before the leaves close to the ground died.  I'll have a 4X8 garden to devote to veggies.  I'm thinking maybe turnips since I can use the bulbs and the greens.

Ron, I haven't had my last jab yet.  I'm supposed to wait until December but I might cheat and get it a bit sooner.  I will expect to be sick in bed for 2 days same as I was with both the first and the second.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Liz...this has been the worst reaction we've had with the shots...our day has been like we were run over by a couple tractor trailers ran over us, backed up and did another run over us...interesting, our bouts of feeling better and worse through the day were alternating...that way I could get stuff for Lucy when she was in the down part of the cycle, and vice-versa!...we're lucky to have each other...and I feel for the 3 of you living alone... :(

I hope tomorrow turns out better than today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron I'm sorry to hear about you and Lucy's side affects. I had absolutely no side affects except my arm hurt a little and I actually forgot about that after I got busy doing something. Which shot did you get? I got the Moderna. Hopefully you guys recover quickly.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 21, 2021, 08:06:02 AM
Ron I'm sorry to hear about you and Lucy's side affects. I had absolutely no side affects except my arm hurt a little and I actually forgot about that after I got busy doing something. Which shot did you get? I got the Moderna. Hopefully you guys recover quickly.
Moderna...might have something to do with our ages...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I got the other one and I was sick for 2 days both times.  Ken and Twee both got the J&J.  Twee went first  She had had and was sick for a week probably because she had to work every day since they didn't have help.  Ken went after Twee was better and wasn't sick  at all.  I hope I don't get sick again when I get my last one.  It will be hard on me because my back is so much worse I hurt all the time without being sick.
Always move forward. Never look back.