• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106

Tuesday Chill

Started by wsantia1, November 16, 2021, 08:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today I felt really cold for the first time this season. It was 33 degrees but felt colder because of the wind. I'm good now that the sun is out and the temp is climbing. We are up to 40 degrees and going up to 50F. Can't wait till Thursday when we are supposed to hit 70F.

I am well rested now and I will be getting into my water changes shortly. I am going need to reset things in the fishroom. Some fish will have to be moved and some tanks need to be consolidated. I have too many tanks that very lightly stocked while other tanks that are crowded. huh Also aside from a couple of shrimp nothing is breeding. huh

I need to get moving now so I wish you all  great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie.  I'm glad you're feeling better today.  At our age we can no longer just power through.  We need rest when only rest will do.  It sucks but it's a fact of life.

I'm back from my Hattiesburg chores finally.  It took forever and a day to get into see the pain doctor.  From there I picked up all Tink's heart meds and from there to the bank to take out my last IRA which I hated to do but had to.

The pain doctor gave me the report and explained the most important parts to me.  He has referred me to the neurosurgeon and said that it might be 3 weeks before I hear back from which I expected.  He also explained the surgery he thought that they'd want to do.  He said that with my serious stenosis on both sides but particularly the left side they would likely have to insert pins to fuse some vertebrae in my lower back which would limit my motion somewhat but should give me relief.  He is a very good explainer.  I don't know yet what I will do while I'm recovering from surgery but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.  I expected something like this so it comes at no shock.  I have neighbors who I know will help and money to hire care if I need it when I come home.  Old age is for the birds.  I have no plans to get anything else done today.  I'm grateful that there was way more money in my IRA than I thought.  I'm real bad about keeping up with money it was wonderful do discover that I have enough to get through surgery and recovery time.

It sounds like my day was not good, but it was.  Tomorrow I will go to Janet's Planet a place right here in Raney community where the lady has a little store where she has used blue jeans that look brand new.  She sells some wonderful blue jeans for less than 2 bucks.  No kidding!  I'm down to my last pair of jeans and they are all stained with
turmeric and garden stains and stains that came from changing oil.  I wear jeans until they are slam worn out and then cut them off and use them for shorts in the summer.  As you can see, I am not a slave to fashion.  I just don't want to be bare assed.

Be happy everyone.  I am.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi folks, been so busy the last few days I have little time to go online. But here I am, today. We had a hard freeze last night, got down in to the low 30's,  I had ice on my 3 birdbaths, elephant ear leaves frozen, most summer flowers now frozen, but I am glad it warmed up nicely this afternoon, about 65 now.  I had a nice fire in my firepit last night and burned a lot of yard debris that takes too long to break down in my 3 compost piles.

Now I have a pot of 15 bean/ham hock soup on the stove, will share with my neighbors later on and my mom tomorrow.  I love making good soups so do them a lot in cool/cold weather.

Liz, when you come home from the hospital or rehab facility, your Medicare and Humana will provide some home nursing care if you need it.  They pay.  You many have to pay for animal care but not nursing for quite awhile after surgery.

Willie, take it easy when you have to, even young folks have to do that at times.  Eat well, that is important!

Hi Ron, when you see this.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks Barb.  It's good to know that.
Always move forward. Never look back.