• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 179
Total: 179

Warmer Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, November 15, 2021, 12:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Thank God I'm not cold.  It's actually 70 degrees outside right now.  Sunny cloudless skies and the slightest breeze from the south.  Just glorious weather.

I did my "must do" for the day which was bagging and shipping 6 snots.  While I was in Ellisville I filled the Peamite with gas at $2.97 per gallon which still cost almost $30. even though the Peamite wasn't slam empty.  At least it's under $3. now.  I went to the Corner Market and picked up Thanksgiving dinner.  Since I cook just for myself it won't be fancy.  Just a roast chicken with oyster dressing and a baked sweet potato.  Would you believe that the only sweet potatoes they had were the ones wrapped up in a clear wrapper that are meant to be cooked in the microwave.  I've never done that before.  I always get regular sweet potatoes.  I sure hope the supply chain gets sorted out. 

Tomorrow is the pain doctor who will tell me the results of my MRI.  I'll be pissed if I have to pay the $250. facility for him to just read me the results.  Since I'm no longer grooming and haven't shipped off any rams for a while money is tighter than it had been.  After the pain doctor I'll go to the vet to pick up heart meds for Tink.

That's all that's going on with me.  Hope y'all have something more fun going on.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Still warm weather here...sunny skies...lovin' it!...

I've been cleaning 2 Fluval canister filters that I picked up when I got one of the 75g tanks for free...they've been sitting on the carport for a couple months... they've cleaned up nicely and are outside drying now...I guess I should clean my SunSun that's on my 125 tetra tank...and then WCs for the smaller tanks...

Last night we had a GFI shut off electricity to lights in the kitchen, living room, and dining room....I had washed the patio down in the after and got water in one of the outside outlets...oops!!!...called my buddy, Ron, and he told me how to check it out by disconnecting a wire...it was dark by then and I didn't feel like dealing with it at that time...so I thought to myself, "Self, maybe it will dry out during the night and fix itself by morning ... if not, THEN I'll take it apart and fix it"...that worked!... I'm such a freaking genius!!! :P :P :P :P ..... ;D ;D ;D

Released my new Javanese Rice Fish into the (former) Congo tank this morning...I'll check on them in a few minutes...one of the hobby newbies that I'm mentoring has some plants he's giving me, so I'll pick them up this afternoon...then I need to pay some attention to some of my newer plants....   I guess it's a fishroom day!...

Happy aquariuming folks...!!,
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

By the way...gas prices here are in the $3.79 - 4.15 range...in Palm Springs it was in $4.79 -4.99 range...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz, Ron and everyone. I was on here earlier and thought I posted but...I didn't. It is a cool 49 degrees and the wind is coming through at 15 mph so it feels a little cooler than that.

Since I only got 3 hours sleep last night I've been totally worthless today. I was supposed to do water changes today but I passed on them rather than do the WC and forget that the hose was running or to put dechlorinator in a tank. I've had both happen when I was wide awake and the results are never good. Since I am not very good at napping I will probably be in bed very early tonight. huh

While we are on the gas subject gas it is costing $3.31 per gallon here at the place I go to. That's actually down 5 cents from last week. I know a place that is 15 cents cheaper but I would actually burn more in gas getting there and back than I would save on the cheaper gas. When I am in that area I always fill the tank up no matter how much gas I have in my tank.

Wishing you all a great rest of the day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's normal to be worth after just 3 hrs sleep and you are wise to to skip WC.  I make myself do WC that evening when I was hurting so bad and slam worn out.  I woke up to a flood.  I'd forgotten to turn of the RO wfwf
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Willie...You're like me...Unless I am completely dead on my feet like when we got back from Palm Springs I cannot seem to nap in the daytime...even yesterday after i only got 3 hours of sleep the night before...actually I want a nap right now, but I just picked up my order of Buce at the mailbox and need to deal with them...

Bummer on forgetting the RO turnoff, Liz!  :'( :'( :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron