• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Sunny cold Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, November 13, 2021, 10:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning fellow Wumpers.  I woke up to 62 degrees inside and outside it was 20 degrees colder.  I'm still keeping the door open at night for the doggies but it will drop to close to freezing tonight so I'll have the heat on and the door closed.  Sorry puppies...

I'm feeling much better today after having slept like a rock for 11 hours.  I'm so embarrassed that I get so worn out from so little and have to rest for so long.  It's not my choice but my body rules over my self now that I'm old.  I would like to rake leaves and shavings mixed with chicken poo that is already almost turned to soil, and haul it out to the compost.  Now that the Peamite has no feed sacks in the back I could rake the leaves and into a tarp lift them into the Peamite and drive them there rather than hauling them by hand.  But I know that by the way I felt yesterday afternoon that I'd be wiser to take it easy today.  Doing nothing is a drag.  When I get board I'll pull sponges out of tanks and squeeze them out.  My sponges always need squeezing.

I'm getting to like my new computer more as I figure it's differences out.  I managed to connect top my email account this morning.  The display on my monitor is stretched out even though I'm using the same monitor.  I don't mind it with text but as far as looking at pictures it sucks.  Even the best Discus looks like a football.  I'm sure there's a way to figure it out and I'll figure out how.

I hope that you all are content with life like I am.  Sorry about your cruise, Barb.  I don't think I'd go on a cruise with any bad easily transmitted bug even with a mask and gloves for a good while.  But...I don't love cruises like you do.  What I wish I could do but can't is go to England.  I could stay with Tommy's wife Siri in London, but it's impossible with all my pets.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. Liz that is a lot of work that you do on a daily basis. I get worn out just reading all that you do. I'm not surprised that you need a lot of sleep. I probably would need a lot more and I am a little bit younger than you.

I just made a 3.5 hour round trip to Rockville Md. (DC suburb) to pick up some wild bettas (sp. binalatung) and  I'm not sure it was a wise decision because there are about 40 of them, they are lacking in color and I am having trouble finding any literature on them. I do know that they are mouthbrooders and not bubble nesters. We'll see what we have after a few days. I wonder if they are on the C.A.R.E.S list?

Anyhow it was a race to stay ahead of a storm that is coming in from the west. When I got to the DC area it had just started to rain hard and I was able to get in and out of the fish pickup area in about 10 minutes. I was heading east to go home and I managed to get about an hour ahead of the storm that is headed this way.

It is now time to rest and then fix something to eat. Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, seems you both have had busy days.  It was sunny and nice here, not nearly as cold as you Liz, or stormy as Willie is getting.  Just some cold temps on the way.  I went to the beach this morning to a craft show, then spent the afternoon on my pottery making.  I am tired out tonight.  Tomorrow I go see/help my mom in the morning, then have a historical lecture at the community college to go to in the afternoon.  Have a good night,
Barb

Ron Sower

Ok...so it's actually Sunday as I write this... Friday was a long day driving home from Palm Springs...traffic on the west side of Phoenix was bogged down and extended our drive by about an hour and I was tense and exhausted when we arrived home...I did take a short nap and then went to pick up my plant order...

Today (Saturday) I I planted a lot of the plants I picked up and still have a few more to get into the substrate...there are a lot of stem plants and total to about 300 I got separated from the bunches and individually inserted into substrate...this evening I went to the killie club meeting and brought home more plants and 2 trios of the Javanese Rice Fish...I'll figure where to put them tomorrow...

We had planned to go to our old park in Florence for thanksgiving dinner, but since they have an outbreak of Covid-19 there, we let our dear friends know we aren't going...we also pulled out of the SAMBA card game we had scheduled with them, and my participation in our nickel-dime pokergame  :(  ...this pandemic certainly has changed our lives...

Ya know... I'm 74 years old and sure do miss my Father and Mother so much...Barb, I know it's a labor of love and probably hard to deal with sometimes, but I envy that you still have a parent to care for and love...

I don't envy any of you, though, that have to deal with your East Coast storms, rain or snow!!!... ;)

The snowbird neighbor from Canada who lives across the street got here on Thursday...he was telling me that the line waiting to cross the border to the US on the 8th was 4 kilometers long and a 4 hour wait to get across...those ppl really like the winters here!!!

Well, it's 1am and I guess I should get into the sleeping mode...more aquariuming to do in the morning and we're gonna clean up our enclosed patio area in the afternoon...I'm finally feeling physically able to work on something like that now...

Stay happy friends!!!... |^|

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron