• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 149
Total: 150

Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, November 11, 2021, 08:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'll post if I can.  I decided that this computer was dead so I hooked up the new one I got a while back but was afraid to set up.  I thought that since I'm stupid with tech I'd have problems.  Guess what?  PROBLEM!!!  Every thing was fine until I followed the prompt to connect to the internet.  It would not connect.  I don't know what to do since everything was plugged in.  We'll see how long this one that I named New Faithful will keep working.  Later I'll call Pat as Simply to see if she can help me.

Other than that everything has been peachy.  The old body is still feeling pretty good and I've been able to get normal things done without much pain.

Hope y'all have a problem free day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz. It's seems like you new computer is working fine. What other problems are you having? It is a cloudy and chilly morning here with the temp at 42 degrees when I got up. We'll get into the high 60s this afternoon before the rain comes through.

I already started my fishroom putzing by cleaning some hot mags and tank lids. I have a couple of small tanks I need to set up. One to move some shrimp into and another one to put some wild bettas (stay tuned) that I'll will be picking up over the weekend in.

It is now time for some breakfast.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm typing from the old one again, Willie.  If I do a hard re-boot on the old one it works for a while.  The old one is the one I named new faithful.  The new one that won't connect to the internet is the one giving me problems.

Ron Sower

Hi guys!

Still nice here in Palm Springs....we're going into town today and shop a bit...there's an aquarium store about 10 miles from where we're staying - Palm Canyon Resort - that I'm going to try to get to...then back to the poolside...

My second batch of plants have arrived at the store and I hope I get back to Phoenix in time to pick them up tomorrow...if not I'll get them Saturday...plants in the first batch are growing out nicely so far...

A friend that runs the killie club is bringing me some rice fish to the Saturday night meeting...I'm taking him some low-light plants...I hade Daisy's rice fish before and thought I'd keep them again for a little while...

Pic of Dean to my right, Vilo to my left, and I can't remember other guy's name...

Good luck with your computer, Liz...

Have a good day you guys...! 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Guys as long as I can keep doing a hard re-boot on this one and make it keep working for a while until I get the old one doing right.  The new one is working in the bedroom close to where the modem is but it keeps asking for my security key and I don't know where to find it.  I enter my WiFi number and it doesn't work.  I called my provider but of course tech support wasn't available because it's veterans day.  Pat has offered to help but I'd like to figure it out without her if I can.  Pat is a kind person.

Ron, I recognized Dean.  Didn't know Vilo.  But now we know what you look like.  You should grow the hair you have left long and put it in a pony tail.  It would make you look cool.

Willie, no matter how much we do in the fish room there is always more that would like to be done.  My tanks are in pretty good shape except for sponges that would like to be squeezed.  The it is the people part of my fish room that cries to be cleaned. 

My old male Albino BN died yesterday.  I don't know how old he is but he was the biggest BN I've ever seen.  I miss seeing him.

The sun was out earlier but since then we've had a rain shower or two.  Not enough to make any difference.  They were saying that we'd get almost too much rain today but it looks like we won't be having nearly what we need.

Barb

Hi, just checking in, I am fine, but have been gone all day.  Doing some Vet. things too.  Will read your posts tomorrow, and write more then.  I just need to rest up for hours now.
Barb