• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:14:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

Rainy Friday Morning

Started by wsantia1, November 12, 2021, 06:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully everyone is well. I woke up to thunderstorms this morning and it is still raining but things should clear up by 9:30 am. It is currently 61 degrees and that is down from our high temp of 66. Temps will continue to drop down into the 40s by this afternoon.

Not much on my agenda today but I do have to get a tank ready for the wild bettas I am going to pick up tomorrow. I have 3 tanks running with nothing but snots in them so they will probably go into one of them. I'm waiting to get their current water parameters so I can make any necessary adjustments if necessary.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, I also had rain here over night and early this morning  First rain in a month.  So today is my day to put down the poison to kill Mole Crickets.  I even watered it in after putting it down onto wet soil. This is a new chemical so it may work better.  Today's is my 3rd treatment in the last year. 

Liz is your computer fixed?  Seems you have 2. Has Pat helped you?  Ron, have fun out in Palm Springs!  I just canceled a cruise I was going to take to the Bahamas in Feb.  They told me by email yesterday that even though all passengers and crew have to be vaccinated, even little kids, everyone has to wear a mask onboard, the whole time!  Except when eating or drinking.  Even off the ship in the Bahamas.  Even on a beach!  Heck no, I am not taking an expensive trip and having to do all that.  No way.  I rescheduled it for a year later.  Since I had trip insurance I lost nothing.
Barb

LizStreithorst

We were supposed to get a good rain yesterday but all we got was a spit of rain.  It's dry here but at least it's cool rather than blazing sun.  Everything would be dried up if we were in mid summer.

I'm typing from my new computer right now.  Pat was more than willing but after leaving it after I got frustrated I came back to it this morning and figured it out with the help of Google.  I figured out what question to ask Google in my sleep.  That happens to me often when I'm stuck.  I still havent figured out how to get back in to my g-mail account but I can always check my mail on my phone.  I won't worry more about it today.

I'm paying the price for feeling so good for so long.  Plus I did a lot of lifting and moving of stuff.  I'll be doing a lot of rolling around in my race car for the next few days.

My neighbor girl came down with 2 of her friends and asked if they could ride Charlotte.  Makalia already knows Charlotte and Charlotte loves her.  The kids had a good ride around the neighborhood away from the main road.  They had fun and it was good for Charlotte.  The girl who I think is named Cheryl (I'm bad with names) asked me if she could help me with anything.  She looked at the sacks of feed in the Peamite's open hatchback and offered to unload them.  She got one, the other kids saw what she was doing and they all grabbed a bag and put it in the feed bins for me.  Nice kids.  Very polite.

I'm plumb tuckered right now and need to lie down for half an hour before I do water change.
Always move forward. Never look back.