• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

Stormy Sunday

Started by Barb, November 07, 2021, 05:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everyone.  Yes, it is still poor weather here.  But the next 2 days are to be great, with lots of sun and up to about 70 both days, can hardly wait.  I want to get my waterfall finished before really cold weather gets here.  I kind of hope it snows a little this winter, none for the last 2 years. 

My fish are all well, inside and out, thank goodness.  Got my snail order last week, 2 kinds, from a man in TX.  He shipped them in a unique package.  He put them into the toe of a wet sock, then rolled the sock up, and put into a little rubbermaid-type container with a snap on lid.  He put the little container into a small box, well padded with paper.  I thought the snails were dead when I put them into 2 tanks, but after awhile almost everyone came out of their shells and off they went.  Only 2 of the over 20 snails died. 

Have a good day!
Barb

LizStreithorst

It was cold earlier this morning but it's sunny and it will get up to the high 60's today.  I started turning on the heat yesterday morning and turning it off at night because I have warm covers and puppies to snuggle.  I like it when my face is cold and the rest of my body is toasty warm at night.

My body has been treating me well for a week now.  I can't figure out what's up with it, except I do give it a lot of rest when it tells me it needs it.  Gone are the days when I ignore the pain and continue to work through it.  It doesn't work any more but it did once upon a time.  I haven't even had much desire to use my sports care lately but I am using it when I'm on my feet for long periods.

Today is Gumbo day.  I'm headed to the kitchen to start now.  I'll be making my roux in the the oven so I don't have to stand in front of the stove watching and stirring for an hour or more.  I'll have time to mop my floor which has been begging for a cleaning for far too long.  I wish I could invite y'all over for dinner when it's done.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Just jumping in to say hi folks... the general meeting is at 12 today and then dinner with Dean and board...

I'll be checking in later this evening, probably when you 3 are in bed!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Liz and Ron. I've sitting on my butt most of the morning but I did get some good walking time in the park earlier with Kobe and that was fun. He loves this kind of weather and has a spring to his step once again.

The weather is going to be great over the next few days with temp in the mid to high 60s. I think we may hit 70 by Wednesday. It's supposed to rain off and on Thursday and Friday so I need to make the best of the next few days outside.

I didn't do well taking advantage of the time change this morning. Instead of getting up at the new time I got up at the old time. My body clock has got to get sync with the time change. I hate that it will start getting dark at 4:30. huh

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.