• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:33:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Sun on Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, November 06, 2021, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Thank goodness.  Cold, damp and overcast gets me down.  Being down is why I never showed up yesterday.

The MRI went fine.  I'll find out the results when I go back to the pain dr. next week.

Today I'll be headed to the feed store for Charlotte and chickens.  I need to get a tube of wormer for her and some DMSO for her hurt leg.  While I'm in the neighborhood, I'll hit the good supermarket for the rest of the fixin's I'll need to make the gumbo yesterday.

If I'm still feeling good I'm going to do some leaf raking and try to figure out an easy way to get it to the compost pile.  I can't use the Peamite cause she'll be full of feed. 

Need to call Twee some time and find out if she needs any of my stuff next week.

Hope y'all have a good day.  Willie, I'm glad you're feeling better.  Barb, how's the leg doing?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, missed you here yesterday.  I am glad your MRI went well, now we wait to hear what the Dr. says about it and what to do next.  My leg is getting better, I do stretches many times a day. If it starts hurting, I do some stretches for a few min. and it stops hurting.  Almost like magic.  I plan to keep it up forever.

It is very cold, gray, windy and rain on the way.  It is coming from the south. I am waiting for Monday and Tues. Both days are to be sunny and warm.  Willie I bet it is cold up your way too.  And Ron we know it is nice and warm in AZ.  You all have a good eve and Sunday!
Barb

LizStreithorst

When winter comes around I want to kick Ron's ass.  But I wouldn't if I could because he's a nice guy and I couldn't abide living in the desert where everything looks dead.  besides, I love our rolling hills and trees and weeds even in the winter.  And I get to look forward to warm weather and gardens growing and flowers blooming, and the humming birds coming back.

I've had a wonderful day.  I didn't hurt bad most of the day.  I felt like walking without the roller for the first time in a long time.  I even walked what I now consider to be way out at the end of the pasture to give Charlotte an apple.  Ever since she hurt her leg she has been displeased with me.  I got her some DMSO for her leg it will be no problem putting it on her now that she's wearing a halter.  I need to shoot a tube of wormer down her gullet because she might or might not need it.  She won't like that so I'll butter her up for a few days taking care of her hurt leg and talking to her and giving her a pieces of apple first. 

I'm glad you finally figured out what was wrong with your leg, Barb.  How did you figure it out?

wsantia1

Hi Liz, Barb and everyone. The day started off cold at 33 degrees but we got up into the mid 50s with plenty of sunshine. One thing for sure is that Kobe loves this weather and that makes me happy. The 60s come back for a few days next week.

After all of the running around I've been doing the last few weeks I've been taking sometime to recharge my batteries. That's the good thing about being retired . We can get the rest we need when we need it.

Tomorrow I plan to start working on the fishroom stuff again. I've done water changes but I have what I hope is a young pair of black rams forming in a community tank and I need to put them in their own tank and hopefully get them to spawn.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Liz,  It involves Covid, PT, all hit at the same time.  I was so busy then with Bill, I forgot the few PT sessions I had for my leg, it had helped. Then Covid shut everything down.   But I didn't do the exercises at home as he told me to, and all the pain came back soon.  Last week I looked it all up, found out just what I have and what to do about it.  If I had only known all this 50 years ago.  But I know what I have to do now, so will do it.

LizStreithorst

Interesting.  I understand you forgetting about the exercises with all you had going on once the pain went away.  You even had your mother to deal with.  Your hands were full.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 06, 2021, 05:30:22 PM
When winter comes around I want to kick Ron's ass.  - That probably wouldn't be much of a problem for you these days...I'm bushed after the last 2 days of traveling around to different cities and going to different fish rooms!... ;D ;D ;D

But I wouldn't if I could because he's a nice guy - you're sweet to say this!... :) :) :)

and I couldn't abide living in the desert where everything looks dead.  - if you take a good look while here you would see the constant beauty... 8) 8) 8)

besides, I love our rolling hills and trees and weeds even in the winter.  And I get to look forward to warm weather and gardens growing and flowers blooming, and the humming birds coming back. - your seasons are nice, but hummingbirds are here year round... |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron