• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:23:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 145
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 153
Total: 154

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, November 03, 2021, 06:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and Ron.  Forgot to check in here yesterday.  But I have read your posts from Tuesday.  Busy busy I see.  I have been working on my right leg, finally figured out what my 50 yr old problem is with it.  Very tight Hip Flexor muscles in my right leg and it has been getting very bad lately.  Now I know I have to spend a bit of time every day doing special stretching exercises to loosen them up and keep it that way.  Some hurt and some don't.    I will do it.  The pain has been bad.  Even pain meds didn't help anymore.  All I need is stretching, hopefully.  Will let you know how it goes.

Ron, tell me how you glue plants on wood?  I hear people doing it but never have and don't know how.  I know Liz does it all the time?  Willie, do you?  I have been tying them on.

You all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I woke up to a cold 35 degrees this morning but at least it wasn't still  raining. I put my mums in the garage last night to protect them from the frost. I will take them out in a little while as the temp is supposed climb into the low 50s.

This afternoon I go in for my Covid booster. I am happy that I can get it now because with the holidays coming I will be spending a lot of time around the kids and grandkids so I will feel a little more protected.

Barb the only plants I have are your Java Moss and Subwassertang but I think some folks in my aquarium club use aquarium silicone to attach plants to other objects. I'm sure Ron and Liz know for sure.

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good Hump Day morning, folks.  It was chilly this morning and won't get to shorts weather this afternoon.  But with the high in the mid 60's it will be nice sitting in the sun weather.

I feel much better today than yesterday.  I had to force myself to do anything.  I was actually in bed by 7 but didn't zonk until midnight.  Once I was zonked out for the night I got good rest for the old back.

The farrier didn't make it here yesterday and texted me that he won't make it again today so I turned Charlotte loose.  She's been cranky ever since her foot started hurting which I understand.  I'm not in the best of moods myself when I hurt.  She also was not fond of being locked up.  I need to buy her some apples which are a treat she really likes to get her more friendly toward me.

I'm getting only 1 egg every day or two.  The hen only remaining hen is sitting on Tink's bed about to lay one today.  That will give me 3 eggs which will be enough for Nutella brownies and a pizza with a Ramen noodle crust.  Nothing else planned for the day unless I need to make a beer run.

Hope y'all are doing well.  Barb, how did you figure out what was wrong with your leg?  I hope the stretching works. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello group!...

It's 71 right now and will be in mid 80s today with sunny skies all day!... 8)

Barb...gluing plants to rocks or wood is very simple, really....I use a super glue type in the gel formula...Gorilla, Locktite, and other manufacturers make this type of cyanocrylic (spelling) glue...gel is easier because it doesn't run all over and sets quickly...merely clean the rock or wood of loose debris, pick the spot where you want your plant to attach, squeeze a blob of glue onto the spot or the plant rhizome, and hold it in place there for several seconds...once it gets a little firm and the plant doesn't fall off, you can place it in water and the glue sets a little faster...I use thin wooden skewers to hold the plant in place those few seconds so I don't get the glue on my fingers...sometime I trim all or some of the roots off the rhizome to provide good contact between the rhizome and rock/wood...they grow new roots...!

Speaking of gluing plants...I got them all done yesterday!... |^| ...they'll take a couple months to be ready to sell...I'm placing them in different tanks with different lighting to see where they grow best...I have an order in still for some Bruce and I probably ought to check where that stands now...

Well I have one bill that needs to be paid this week...guess I'll do that today...not much else on today's list...

You folks have a great rest of your day and I'll get mine started!... ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I do it just like Ron does.  It works best if the thing you are attaching the plant to is dry.  If not, dry the wood and rhizome as best you can before gluing. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 03, 2021, 12:09:36 PM
I do it just like Ron does.  It works best if the thing you are attaching the plant to is dry.  If not, dry the wood and rhizome as best you can before gluing.
...I just blot mine with a paper towel...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks for the plant glue advice, I will try it sometime.