• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:06:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 162
Total: 163

Hello Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, November 02, 2021, 05:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone.  It is a very cool start to the day with the temp at 44 degrees and only getting to a high of 52F. Showers move in this afternoon and once they leave the temps will crash into the near frost mid 30s during the overnight hours.

Today I have to get an ultrasound on my thyroid, It's just a follow up on a nodule they found last year to see if there have been any changes. Afterwards I will head north to go pick up Kobe's food and treats from the vet.

Once I get back I'll hopefully tackle some shrimp tanks in the fishroom.

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

The weather folks said showers this afternoon but we've had steady and very cold rainfall since about 11:30. Now it's supposed to stop around 5:00. Let's hope they are right. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Sorry, Willie.  I'm actually wearing shorts this afternoon!

I don't know how I whupped my ass yesterday without realizing it.  I felt so good yesterday morning that I contemplated pounding in a T post or to.  Thank God I decided that it wasn't a good idea.  After I fell into bed and zonked all night until 6 am I woke up feeling almost as bad as I did last night.  Now that I've got some drugs in me and started moving around I'm doing better but not great. 

I got the incubator set up and checked the temp because so many of the reviews said that it was often set wrong at the factory.  It sure was with mine.  I made sure my good cooking thermometer was calibrated correctly and changed the setting until it was correct.  I'll let the eggs sit pointy side down for another day before I put them in to hatch.

I got the water changed on the house tanks and the RO filters changed.  The membrane was still OK but all the pre-filters were due.

Since the farrier who trimmed Charlotte last time apparently forgot about me.  He hasn't been back since so I called my old guy Jeff who will come by later today.  I hate that I didn't save the last guy's number because he trimmed Charlotte's feet better than anyone in the past.  But the mare is favoring her right front and wasn't eating as much so I needed to do something.

I think that's all my "excitement" for the day.  I'm going to have to take it easy until I get going again for WCs in the fish room.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Muggers...

Hope you are all doing well... 81 here today with partly cloudy skies...really comfortable weather still...
Yesterday was one of those busy days, and tired me out...I picked up my order of plants at the LFS that is working with me...he was just going to give me his net cost for them but I said that wasn't good enough for me...I wanted him to make a little on the order so I added 10-11% to the total...beats 0%...and I don't want him to go out of business because of me  ;D ...

SO last evening I was planting most of them...had more to do this morning and now I just need to attach Anubias and Java Fern to rocks...I'll work on them in a bit...

I had PT today and we are now working on kneeling and squatting...it was a bit of a strenuous workout for me today...the unoperated knee is hurting more than the operated one now...

Everyone have a good rest of your day!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron