• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Sunday and Halloween

Started by Barb, October 31, 2021, 07:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everyone!  Got your pumpkins all carved and candy ready?  I am sitting a table outside this year instead of letting kids ring my doorbell,  I will sit out there 5-8pm when my neighborhood is having trick or treating.  I will decorate my table with lots of green, purple and orange lights, and put lights inside my carved pumpkin too, no fire this year,  Last couple years have been 100+ kids out there collecting candy.

Last night's Ghost walk went well, I spoke to about 1000 people, in groups of 30 or so at a time, at the house my garden club sponsored.  The two ghosts on the front porch were ladies from New Bern in 1908, operated a local restaurant.  You all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. Ever since I've been here we have had no Trick or Treaters here even though I bought candy for them. I guess that's because we are a 55+ subdivision and Covid was all over the place. This year we may see some kids but I have no candy. huh

I'm still in relaxing mode so I don't know how much I'll get done around here. I do have to run to the store to pick up something for dinner so I may pick up some candy while I am out. If the candy prices are up like everything else I'll just pass on Halloween. The last couple of years I ended up eating more candy than I should have anyway. huh

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I've never had trick or treaters down here, either.  There are kids just up the hill from my house, but if they trick or treat at all they have never come down here.  I bought candy at first but haven't bothered for years.  May be they think I'm the old witch living all by herself where nobody can see.  I actually haven't gotten excited by holidays since I was 13 and my father died.  For the longest time I actually dreaded them but since I started thinking of them as just another day they don't bother me.

I like the way they do Halloween in Mexico.  They call it "dia del muertos" which means day of the dead.  It's a time of family's of the dead relatives getting together at the relative's grave sites and celebrating their past lives.  It's a very warm, loving time.

I could go on reviewing other holidays.  Nobody would like it.  They have all morphed from what they were all originally meant to mean. One that I hate is Memorial Day.  Does anyone really mourn the lives of the dead soldiers who gave their lives for their country?  Only very few.  Most consider it to be nothing but having a long weekend to have fun.

Hell, a rant came out.  How did that happen?  I actually envy folks who take joy in "special" days.

I've been great so far about not turning the heat on.  It's great at night in bed.  I have Bruno and Pearl who don't like the cold at night.  When it gets too chilly for them they go head first under the covers.  One pressed Pearl pressed against my back and Bruno pressed against my front.  With my warm covers I'm as snug as a bug.  Problem is I like to get up to warm air.  What I do is head straight to the fish room to get dressed.  It's always warm and slightly humid there.

I have done nothing much of consequence yet today and have nothing of consequence now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi gang...

Another nice day shaping up here....81 now...going to 84 and sunny skies....

I did work with my new Finnex last evening...YouTube helped me figure out how the remote controller works... at least part of it so far...this thing even creates a thunderstorm lightening effect...I'll probably never use that one...

Planning a Costco trip later today...we're hoping it's less busy late on a Sunday afternoon...meanwhile a putzing day with a visit to the exercise room at the clubhouse...

Stay well you guys!... 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron