• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

frigid friday

Started by LizStreithorst, October 29, 2021, 09:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Well not actually frigid to anyone but me.  It was in the 40's last night and won't get out of the 50's today.  I need to get harden off because it will only get colder as time goes on.  I'm glad I got most of my running around chores done yesterday.

I've been messing with my incubator and after seeing the temperature fluctuation I'm surprised that I had any eggs hatch.  This morning the temp was 107!  As much as I'm trying not to spend more money I had no choice but to buy another incubator.  This one was given to me by a neighbor.  She had it stored in her barn, but in the box for years.  The one like hers which are the only ones I found with an egg turner cost $150.  But I looked this time and found a smaller one for $50.  With my Amazon points applied I got it for $25. 

I was so pooped out from walking without my sports car yesterday I didn't even have the energy to do WC.  I fed the fish dinner, fell into bed and zonked.  Today I plan to do a whole lot of nothin'

My Discus are still guarding their eggs but I don't like the look of them.  They looked like they were fertile at one point because they were good and dark, but they just don't look right.  Next time I'll dribble some Meth Blue over them before I cage them. 

Hope that all of y'all have a nice day. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good afternoon y'all...

My Finnex light came in yesterday...I put it together and have it on the 75 now... it has a remote controller so now I have to sit down and learn how to use that...right now it is set on a reddish light wave wind casts an eerie warm light in the tank...kinda neat looking!...

The Samba card group is playing here this afternoon, so I guess I'll have to pick up some of my mess I have laying around...there 6 of us...the other 4 are from our group in Florence...we made such good ad close friends there...

All's well here...hope all of you are...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It has been a miserable day here with heavy rain all day long. It is not expected to end until 9:00 pm. To make matters worse we also had winds near 45 mph.

I ran down to DC this morning to help Vikki with her cleanup after yesterday's mess. Thankfully they cleaned up most of it before I got there. My main chore was to help clean out the area where the water heater and the heating unit are located. I stuck around for about 4 hours before I drove the 2 hours back home in that rainy mess.

I'm back home now and after getting something to eat and taking Kobe out I will be resting until tomorrow. Hopefully you all are having great days.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, to me that would amount to a really miserable day.  I hope tomorrow will be kind to you.

Ron, you always have fun stuff going on.  I like the Finnex lights, too.  I'm lucky.  A friend has them drop shipped from the factory at her wholesale cost for me.  If it weren't for her I'd still be using fluorescents.  Yours sounds expensive.  Mine have just 2 settings but I don't need more.  I use the Finnex Vivid because it really brings out the color of the fish which is important for a Discus person.  Good lighting really makes a difference.
Always move forward. Never look back.