• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 130
Total: 131

Thursday greeting

Started by Barb, October 28, 2021, 06:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi gang, there is a storm heading here today, the southern part of what the NE is getting.  I don't mind more rain but can do without the expected winds.  And tonight is the first night of the all outdoor Ghost Walk.  I had planned to go tonight and tomorrow, and volunteer at it Sat. night.  Will let you know how it goes.  My son and his girlfriend will be here on Sat. 
Did some pond work yesterday, but am taking it slow and easy.  So it will be awhile until it is all finished, just want to finish before cold gets here.  Hope you are all doing well and I will see you all here later on today. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Barb.  We were supposed to get a storm like that last night.  They predicted high winds and tons of rain.  I was looking forward to a raging storm.  When it started thundering Bruno came to me all a tremble.  But all we got was a good soaking rain.  It's a lot cooler this morning and will get down to the 40's tonight.  Time to change the filter on the heater.

I got my broccoli and parsley planted earlier.  As soon as the pet store opens I'll call them and ask if they need any more of my fish and invertebrates cause I need to go Hattiesburg for meds for Tink, the feed store for Charlotte and the chickens, and Lowes for filters for my RO.  I had planned to order that stuff from Bulk Reef Supply because their stuff really is better quality.  But that place is so dang expensive I'm not sure the cost is worth it.

Willie, Ron, what's up with you 2 gentlemen today?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good day to ya, Muggers!... ;D

Really late starting today...couldn't get to sleep last night until 2:30-ish...but I have finished my at-home-excersises...I'll go to the clubhouse later today and work on the machines of torture...

I have a dental appointment this afternoon...they're always a treat...! :'(...and tonight we're going with a group from here to a new, for us, restaurant...

Somewhere in the day I'm going to go check out a hotel that was suggested for the Southwest Aquarium Keepers Event...a fellow by the name of Allan Semeit, who is the leader the Arizona Rivulin Keepers, stages this usually every April...but Covid knocked that out for the last 2 years...now the hotel where it was held no longer rents out its big meeting rooms...Allen and I are searching together, because my club is starting to plan an expo, hopefully, in November...

Tanks are doing well today...I setup my cleaned out Fx4 filter back on the Tetra 125g...couldn't get the siphon started right off...frustrating as heck...that is, until I realized I hadn't turned the shutoffs on the inflow/outflow tubes to "open" position...! ::) ...I think I'll setup a new Eheim I have on the 75g I finished setting up in the game room...might happen today...

Okay, WeddinWillie, your turn to peak in here...! ;D

Happy aquariuming....! |^|

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Back from running errands.  Back hurts.  Totally pooped.  I forgot that there was a Home Depot right across from the pet store.  I broke down and used an electric buggy for the first time.  Darned if the thing didn't run out of charge almost right away.  Of course the RO stuff is way in the back corner.  When I got there they didn't have the kind of filters I was looking for.  Then on to the vet where I picked up Tink's meds.  I wanted to ask about surgery for Isabel.  Dr. Karen was off so I settled for Dr. Jennifer who also does tiny cosmetic type surgeries.  I could tell that she wasn't enthusiastic about tackling the job.  She suggested I talk to Dr. Lowell.  It's OK though.  I have till Spring before Isabel is laying again.

So on to the feed store where I actually found Spinach plants!  I had space for them so bought a 6 pack.  Now I'll have both broccoli and spinach :)

That's when I screwed up.  I was tired and hurting and totally forgot about Lowes that's just a few miles down the road in the opposite direction from home.  Oh well, I have about 60 gallons of RO stored so it's not like it's an emergency.  I'll check the Lowes website.  Some stuff they deliver for free.

The best news is that I collected $200. from Ken and Twee and then found gas for $2.99 a gallon which was an unexpected treat.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It been a long and busy day for me. I had to drive down to the DC area today to help Vikki who had a flood in her basement. The flood was caused by some sort of blockage in the main line out in the street.

She lives in a townhouse and all of the houses connect to that main line. The plumbers are there now but I suspect I'll have to go back down there to help with the cleanup. That's usually a 3 hour round trip drive for me.

I'll need to putz a bit in the fishroom tonight to make sure everything is good. If all is well I'll get some rest tonight and hit it hard tomorrow.

Hopefully you all are having a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.