• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 150
Total: 151

Sunny Sunday

Started by Barb, October 24, 2021, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning, yes it is nice and sunny out there, but kind of coolish.  Today is pond filter day.  Mike Rowe has not shown up so I guess I will do it alone.  If you don't know him, he is the famous dirty job man, had a good tv show for awhile.

Just a little color in some trees beginning here.  In a month it will be very colorful, and even into Dec. for some trees.  How is it in your area?  Hope you all have a good day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I am in Long Island New York this morning getting read for a 3:00 pm wedding. Since I'm not in it I should have fun.

It is sunny and cool here but rain may move in this evening.

Hopefully you all will have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi all...!😁

Good to see you checking in, Weddin' Willie!...

Barb, I used to really try to put off cleaning the pond filter as long as I could!...I also liked Mike Rowe's show...

How's the red sports car still working for you, Liz?... those large diameter wheels make it nice for outside...

The last couple days I've pretty much finished setting up the 75g I've been working on in the game room...I've also attached someAnubias and Java Ferns to rocks and placed them in there...I'm planning on getting a mat of Java fern to attach to a piece of cross stitch matrix to make a "wall" of it on the back of the tank...

Well, I've done most of my at-home exercises now and guess I'll go to the clubhouse in a little while and work on the equipment for a few  minutes...might hit the hot tub too!... :D

You folks have a great day and happy aquariuming to you!... 8)

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb and Willie and the long absent Ron.

Ron, I've considered making a mat from all the Suswassertang I have in my tanks.  I've never done it and it sounds terribly time consuming so I toss it out the door instead.  The thing that I have against java moss is that you can't have it and sussertang in the same tank.  I have found that even in a tank with suswassertang that it does well if put behind a Matten filter.  It attaches to the foam, lives off the nutrients the filter takes out and doesn't invade the tank.

Barb, is there no way you could make something that would cast shade on your pond?  There must be something that could be done at least when the sun is at it's most intense.

I felt so much better yesterday.  It must have been because of my long walk/roll up to Jack and Judy's and back.  Because of my back most every kind of exercise I do hurts.  But with the help of my sports car my arms and legs both get stronger and my back  doesn't seem to bother me.  I hate so sound like I'm exaggerating but I swear it feels like I have a new life.  Since some muscles are feeling better from use it's gotten easier walking without it.  Lifting any weight and then carrying it whups me.  Even carrying the 2 gallon bucket of feed to the horse. 

I finally got the energy to put Isabel's butt back in.  It's been a full week since she's laid an egg so she has finally quit for the year.  After she came to her bed in the cage at as it was getting dark I picked her up and walked into the office where I sat down with her in my lap, covered her sticking out insides with Preparation H,  and stuck her insides back in with gauze soaked in which hazel for 10 minutes.  As of just now her insides are still in.  She's still gonna need surgery, though.  When she starts laying next Spring her butt will come out again.  I need to make an appointment with the vet and find out how much.

Today I took a walk/roll twice and far as yesterday and up and down a steep hill.  My thighs hurt coming up the hill on the way home.  But I love muscle hurt because it means that I'm getting stronger.

I got a text from one of my 3 clients whose dogs I will still do.  She hasn't brought Pepper for a long time and I wondered why.  Pepper has anal gland problems and Mrs. Ray used to bring pepper every 3 weeks for me to groom and express glands.  But when her back turned to shit (she has what I have but worse.  She takes morphine) she started bring her less and less often.  Lately it's been way longer that the suggested 6  to 8 weeks for a nice Poodle groom.

Her text said that Pepper was overgrown and needed grooming again and asked when I could do it.  She said that Pepper had been to the vet again for ruptured anal glands.  It was hard on them and hard on Pepper and it cost them $200.  The vet said that the groomer had forgotten to express the anal glands again.  At least she didn't suggest that I pay the vet bill.

I wrote back in the same tone she wrote me.  I said that I could do Pepper any day next week and would have her husband, who brings her, to watch me express the glands.  I told her that I was sorry that she thought I was at fault but I understood that the opinion of a vet trumps that of the groomer.  I let her know that Pepper is one of only 3 dogs I'm doing any more. And since she started with "I hope you are doing well" I added that it is because I am not doing well.  I haven't heard back from her.  If she quits me I'll do the more tame of the 2 crazy lady's Scotty's.  She's the one who doesn't believing in being vaccinated and doesn't wear a mask.  Despite the fact that she's crazy she's also nice.  I can't help but like her.  She was referred to me by my favorite Scotty client. 

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Liz, you must really miss me when I miss a day!!...I missed Friday is all! 8) 8) 8) ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I guess so.  You did pop in yesterday and said that you typed and pushed the wrong button.  But I notice when anyone is absent.  How can I not?  There are only 4 of us regulars.
Always move forward. Never look back.