• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:59:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 172
Total: 173

Tis Thursday

Started by Barb, October 21, 2021, 11:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, Liz are the discus eggs doing well?  Hoping they will be the beginning of new discus for you!  There is finally some rain in the forecast for late tomorrow.  We shall see...
I have more yardwork to do today, the weather is lovely at about 70.  Ron I got some Sorb stuff at Tractor Supply today, will use it one of these days, it was $7.29  How deep a layer do you put in, with ferts under it on the glass first.  Willie have a good traveling weekend!
Barb

Ron Sower

Hello Barb!...and the rest when you know in!...

Barb, on the75g I'm setting up now, I did put the root tabs on the bottom glass first....about 3-4" apart...then I carefully used a large container and poured in the STS on top of them so as not to move the tabs around and bunch them up...I like 2.5"-3.5" deep substrate to give the plants plenty to root in...hope this helps you... :D

As noted above, I have started setting up one of the 75g tanks in the game room. I'm not going to rush it like I usually do...I got the substrate in on Tuesday, yesterday Lucy & I put in and arranged the dragonstones...today I may put water in it and start filtration...

But before that, I gotta pay bills...that always takes me longer than I should...then run some errands...

Liz...now is the time you and I should be getting together with our respective MedicareAdvantage plan brokers to review this past year's costs with the year before...we can change back with now penalties this month if we want to...at least that's the way in Az...I'm sharing this with you because I believe i remember you saying you don't have a TV, and that's where we're getting a hundred ads a day about Medicare...!

One of my errands today is to go exchange 4 CO2 tanks for filled ones...I will be setting up CO2 on the 75gim setting up now...

Weather here is lovely again today...74 now and going to 89 with beautiful blue sky...

All of you have a great happy aquariuming,Izumi good day... 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

dang I just wrote a long post and accidently dumped it.  That is so annoying.

Barb, the Discus pair are still lovingly guarding their eggs.  I'm so hopeful that I'll become a Discus breeder again.

I went to the LPS earlier with 20 each snots, shrimp, and Mystery snails.  I had to get some heaters, too.  Ken asked if I wanted to take my Discus pair back home.  They haven't had any luck selling them.  We simply do not have the market for extra large Discus down here.  I'll have to get with the guy who bought all the others and see if he might want them.  Otherwise they can live here.

I got my Rollator yesterday.  It's very well make and has everything I need except for a beer can holder.  The first thing I did was check out how well it preforms outside on my bumpy yard.  It did very well.  I don't think I'll be using it at this point but I might be wrong because I can tell that it takes a lot of pressure off my spine.  Is this the same one as you have in your attic, Barb? 

Ron, I've been getting letters in the mail about changing my supplement but anything involving numbers is like Greek to me.  All I know is that I don't have as many options as most people because I've been diagnosed with a degenerative condition.  I don't think that you are in that category otherwise I would do whatever you decide to do.

It's warmer here today.  I could be in shorts if I'd wanted to.  Ron, you always have fun projects going on.  Sounds like your taking it easy and enjoying yourself at the same time.  Willie, I hope you have a good safe trip.  Check in with us if you have time.  Barb, I will pray you have rain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Barb, Ron < Liz and everyone. I am back from the back doctor the back doctor follow up. all is going well so far. she gave me a few more exercises to do at home and a prescrip for Mobic which I accepted even though it has done nothing for me in the past.

The weather here is gorgeous with the temp at 75 degrees with plenty of sunshine and a light breeze. I couldn't ask for a better day.

At the moment I am cleaning up the house so I don't have to hear any complaints but luckily for me I haven't made too much of a mess since the last time I did a good cleanup.

I have all of the water world critters all set up for a weekend without me and Kobe will get dropped off at the kennel on Saturday morning. He likes the kennel (his friends) more than I do and I don't have many other options here for boarding so it is what it is. 

Other than that I'm going to finish the cleanup and hopefully get a great night's sleep tonight.

Thanks for wishing me safe travels everyone. I will definitely check.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 21, 2021, 01:19:29 PM
dang I just wrote a long post and accidently dumped it.  That is so annoying.

Barb, the Discus pair are still lovingly guarding their eggs.  I'm so hopeful that I'll become a Discus breeder again.

I went to the LPS earlier with 20 each snots, shrimp, and Mystery snails.  I had to get some heaters, too.  Ken asked if I wanted to take my Discus pair back home.  They haven't had any luck selling them.  We simply do not have the market for extra large Discus down here.  I'll have to get with the guy who bought all the others and see if he might want them.  Otherwise they can live here.

I got my Rollator yesterday.  It's very well make and has everything I need except for a beer can holder.  The first thing I did was check out how well it preforms outside on my bumpy yard.  It did very well.  I don't think I'll be using it at this point but I might be wrong because I can tell that it takes a lot of pressure off my spine.  Is this the same one as you have in your attic, Barb? 

Ron, I've been getting letters in the mail about changing my supplement but anything involving numbers is like Greek to me. All I know is that I don't have as many options as most people because I've been diagnosed with a degenerative condition.  I don't think that you are in that category otherwise I would do whatever you decide to do.

It's warmer here today.  I could be in shorts if I'd wanted to.  Ron, you always have fun projects going on.  Sounds like your taking it easy and enjoying yourself at the same time.  Willie, I hope you have a good safe trip.  Check in with us if you have time.  Barb, I will pray you have rain.
...same for me which is why I stay with a broker...and I have been diagnosed with degenerative arthritis...if you have the MedicareAdvantage Gold plan they will offer the same benefits, by law...the difference may be in the costs because states regulate the insurance programs...I think I'm right on this...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, I have degenerative disc disease.  I don't know what type of precious metal my supplement plan is. I actually had to search high and low to find an agent that even offered the kind of supplement I need.  I suppose I should check with my agent to see if any of the options this time around might be better for me.  First time he was very strong on Humana.

Barb, I forgot to post the pic of the Rollator.

Willie, there is no reason to thank us. Thank Mug.  Because of him we're friends.  Friends care about one another.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

That is really nice Liz.  Different than mine but yours is way better! Yours looks much lighter so you can put it in and out of your car if necessary.  Mine weighs a ton.  And mine cost more, 13 years ago!