• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 137
Total: 138

Lazy Hump Day

Started by LizStreithorst, October 20, 2021, 09:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning fellow 'wumpers.  I'm not hurting especially a lot today but I sure do have the lazy's.  I'll do a WC on the house tanks, get my chili going and probably piddle the rest of the time.  I have some Matten filters that really need cleaning.  They are wonderful filters except for when they need cleaning.  I actually thing I'll replace the one in my 30 gallon snot grow out tank with a sponge.  They are more important in shrimp filters.  I vacuum up from behind the filters when I do WC because that way I don't accidently suck up any baby shrimpies.

My only news is that my Discus pair have their tubes down, Isabel's butt is back hanging outside again, and my Rollator will be coming today.  I don't need it now, but I know I'll need it at some point so I figured I'd buy it while I had money.

Hope everyone has a fun day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Liz...Then Willie and Barb!...

I've been working on club business this morning...I have almost finished the meeting speakers and programs...I have 4 months left to fill...

Yesterday I jerry rigged 3 of the used box LED lights for the Tetra 125...I really need to get some large wall brackets and hang them properly...maybe later today!...they aren't the most powerful lights in this style, but neither are they the most expensive...! ;) ...I'm going to concentrate more on lighting and getting the colors better suited for the particular plants in the tanks...this will be a couple months dialing them in...

I did start the setup of one of the 75g tanks in the game room...I spread root tabs (substrate enhancer) on the bottom glass...then spread STS on top of it about 2.5" deep...I didn't rinse it at all, because I will lay down plastic over the STS to minimize the dust becoming cloud in the water as I fill it slowly... the Aquaclear will pull it out within a day or 2...

Today we'll arrange dragonstone pieces in it and hardscape it a bit...but make no mistake - this will be a plant growing tank...I've ordered a bunch of Buce to work with in a few weeks...

The Mosquito killer unit is going back to Amazon today...2 days in a row, no dead mosquitos, yet they are flying in my fishroom and now the living room...I'm hearing about that one..! :'(

I got the cortisone shot yesterday at 3...so far that pain I was aiming to control is gone...but I haven't exercised yet, so we'll see how it goes...I follow up with doc in 2 weeks...the lower spine pain, which is different, is still there, but it hasn't been the worse part during all this recuperation...

Looks like it's 77 here now and going too 84...light high clouds...nice days we're having... 8)

Cheers and happy aquariuming!  8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is a beautiful day here with the current temp at 75 degrees and plenty of sunshine.

I was out earlier getting a haircut and running some errands. When I got home I did my water changes and then went outside to enjoy the day.

Tomorrow morning I have a follow up appointment with my back doctor where I can let her know how much better I feel. I am not 100% but I am getting close. I hope it last for a while. When I get home I have to concentrate on house cleaning because Vikki will be coming in Friday.

We leave for NYC on Saturday morning for a Sunday afternoon wedding and I won't return home until Tuesday. While there I will get to see the kids, grandkids and great grands. Hopefully this will be the last wedding for a awhile. huh

For the rest of the day I am just going to relax. Hopefully you are all having good days.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, sounds like a good day for you all!  I spent 4 hrs. helping my mom all morning and part of the afternoon.  My leg is bothering me today so all the walking for 4 hrs. really hurt.  Spending the rest of the day taking it easy. My hardest job was sitting outside watering flowers and giant elephant ears with my long distance jet hose setting.  I reaches about 40'.  Week 7 of no rain here.  You all have a good eve and Willie, enjoy that wedding and other stuff. Glad to hear Liz and Ron's pain is better, Willie's back too.
Barb

LizStreithorst

The last best hope Discus pair are guarding eggs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.