• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 04:03:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 202
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Autumn Sunday

Started by wsantia1, October 17, 2021, 07:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning every one. After a Summer like week we return to Autumn with the wake up temp at 49 degrees. We are currently at 52 degrees and will get up to 64F under a sunny sky. Winds are coming through town at a steady 10 mph.

I have a few chores outside today including power washing my front porch which has a couple of stains that I hope power washing gets out.

Afterwards I will putz in the fishroom and maybe come up with a couple of projects to get me through the Winter.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie and my other 2 Muggy friends when you check in.

It's cool here today but not as cold as Willie's weather.  It will get up to 65 today with clear skies and no wind.  A fabulous day for playing outside.  I'm feeling better today than I've felt in a while.  I have no idea why but I'll take advantage of it by starting work on my new garden.  All I have to do is cut down some wire weed which has become too well rooted to pull, move the compost to where the garden will be and wait for the soil underneath to mellow over the winter.  I am not going to let myself even think about the fencing part yet.

Isabel must have spent the night in the tree with the other hens.  She had been coming in the house at dusk and sleeping in the cage i leave open for her.  It will mean no chicken laundry but I will miss the poop left on the cage pad that I put on the compost pile every morning.

Nothing much going on with the fish other that a male albino snot fanning his little kids in one of Barb's caves.  No action from any of the Black Ram pairs.  Even the Mystery Snails have quit laying.

I'll check in later to see what's up with Barb and Ron.  Have a good day, y'all.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Howdy Willie, Liz...! And Barb, as you come aboard...!

It's been how long now?...Finally I got the rest of the plants back into the 125 last night...I'm kinda lining them up like crops...;D ;D ;D  and the water was so muddy from the substrate that I was using a flashlight to line them up...LOL...I loaded the STS with substrate enhancer aka, root tabs, and will moderately dose Thrive daily for a week then back off and see how things are going...now to find more plants...! ;) ...........next thing involving this tank is to rig the black box lights I got cheap recently...I'll have to put brackets on the wall because this tank sits near the center of the house where the apex of the cathedral ceiling is and I'm not going to be working overhead from a ladder these days...

Then the next project is to set up the first of the 75g tanks in the game room...

And for today's excitement...TAH-DUM...! We'll be cleaning up our really messy enclosed patio area...we haven't touched it through the summer and have used it as an ad hoc depository for various "things" sitting around everywhere...!

And with that, I wish you all a very pleasant Sunday and happy aquariuming, and I shall go partake of my breakfast...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I guess I'm glad I wasn't able to do everything I'd planned because when I feel good I do to much and pay for it for sometimes day's afterward.  I got weeds pulled and the tough ones cut and when I went to the compost to move it I saw a dang huge fire ant mound on the top.  But, after the weeds were gone I found the soil there surprisingly friable so I dug it up a fork's depth.  Then I broke down all my cardboard that my appliances came in and put it over the dug soil.  I was able to rake some compost over about half of it, but I'm going to have to wait until the fire ants die before I do more.  I hurt a little but it's not too bad.  I hope I don't have to suffer too much tomorrow.  It felt so good to work outside.

I need to make a beer run but have to wait until 1 o'clock because they're not allowed to sell beer in Ellisville until then.  All the holy rollers who come home from church and hit their bottle of Jack Daniels on the sly make the silly laws here.  It's one of the drawbacks to living in the deep rural south.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Way to go, Liz...! I hope you don't hurt too...

I did nothing productive so far today...Lucy and I went to 3 different sports bars today to try to find one that had good TVs all around and good food so we could watch the Az Cardinals play...finally the 4th one was good...I had a 1/2# burger, tater tots and a couple brews |eat| |eat| |eat|...and am still feeling full... :P
May skip dinner tonight..!  Our Cards are still undefeated 6 games into the season...yay! |^|

I've just vegged since we got home...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron