• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 141
Total: 142

Friday here

Started by Barb, October 15, 2021, 07:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning all.  It is so foggy now I can't see beyond my backyard fence.  But I can see fine inside it to go out soon and spread a bunch of mulch around.  Still have a bunch of summer and Fall flowers out there in full bloom.  Hope frost doesn't come any time soon.   :Pond filter cleaning is soon, I always dread that messy job.  Hoping for no more snakes out there.  All my fish inside and out are doing well.  I have one discus that is the biggest I have ever grown, she is at least 7" nose to tip of tail.  She looks like the one you had Liz.  The other 6 are big but not like her.  You all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. We are supposed to get back in the 80s today with a high temp around 83 degrees and under a partly cloudy sky.

Today is a relaxing day for me although I do have to run out to get a small birthday gift for one of my neighbors. 

After that I will putz in the fishroom and probably take a good nap. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  Although I have plans to make a flower garden around the outside of my veggie garden that I'd like to start work on today I'm afraid it will be a mostly restful day for me.  I've learned the hard way to take it easy after a day of working.  This plan includes more fencing which I'll wait until last to tackle.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

And hello to you guys...!

Our temps are moving back up now...64 ATM and going to 83 with sunny skies... |^|

We don't have many orders today for eBay...easy to pull and trim!...

I went to Tractor Supply last night to get Safe-T-Sorb and they were out of it...I need to get some fast to get my plants back in the tank!...I'll try a couple other places to find it...

I called a virtual meeting last night with the directors and chairpersons and we covered a lot of ground...we're working on several issues regarding non-sponsors advertising on our FB group page...that's prohibited...but there are a number of ppl that are importing fish, holding them in their garages, and selling from there...that constitutes a commercial aspect to what they are doing...so we will ask them to become sponsors or stop their promotions on the page...

I just looked at my to-do list!....how did all that stuff get on it?  huh huh huh...ugh...a bunch of little things to knock out...I think I'd better wash some clothes too!...

Happy aquariuming, all!  :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Appliance update.  The salesman at Lowes lied to me.  He said that they would install and haul off and change out the range from natural gas to LP gas.  In reality, they were not allowed to mess with gas at all.  They would not install and haul off the microwave.  I was pissed but not at them.  They were good to me.  When I heard that they would not touch anything related to gas I started to pull out the old range to disconnect it.  It's not a hard thing to do if you have a large adjustable wrench which I couldn't find until after then were necessary.  All I could find was my ancient wonderful Channellock's that can manage even jobs they weren't designed for.  I didn't have the muscle to loosen the connector and the guy who wasn't supposed to do it for me did it for me, and hauled off the old range.  I couldn't help myself I tipped them even because they aren't allowed to accept tips.

So I was left with a new stove that I needed to convert to LP, connect and push into place, and a microwave in a box and the one that needed to be taken out.  I started with the stove.  It was more difficult than the old one which I was easy pesy.  As much as I hate it I am no longer able to do everything myself.  I broke down and asked for help from my neighbor Shawn who spends all his off work time finish the work on his new house which will be a show piece in the "woods".  He will be my closest neighbor once they move in.  I told him everything and he came down and did everything for me.  I tried to help and I did a tiny bit but this guy is used to working by himself.  It took him 4 hrs because what I though would be easy was not.  When he got done everything was done perfectly.  I had no way to thank him other that saying thank you and giving him a hug. 

I have no time to cook anything until I boil water for coffee this morning.  I'm already 1/2 hr late for WC.  I can't get over that nice man taking half the day to help me with something that I was stuck with not being able to do myself.  He just said, "That's what neighbors are for."

Barb

Good for you Liz!  When you cook a delicious meal, save a good serving(s) for that great neighbor and either deliver it to him or tell him you have it ready for him to pick up!  I would do that.  Hi Willie and Ron!
I got a lot of yardwork done today and the best part of it all is getting my whole backyard fully mulched.  Now I have that to walk on instead of bare, weedy dirt.  Just mulch and all my trees, shrubs, and tons of flowers.  And pond and several tons of rocks here and there.  It has taken me almost 7 years to do all this.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good idea, Barb.  I've been yearning for a good file seafood gumbo.  The only thing that has held me back so far is the price of the good lump crabmeat.  It's time I splurged.

LizStreithorst

Barb, please post a pic of your back yard now.  You already showed us the before pic.