• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:02:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Excellent Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, October 14, 2021, 02:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have fallen in love with my countertop oven.  On the box was a picture of a beautiful roast chicken surrounded by taters, carrots and small onions.  I wanted to see if this oven could really do this so first thing this morning I ran to Ellisville and got a 4 lb. chicken and a container or small onions.  I always have taters and carrots on hand.  OMG, this is the juiciest most delicious roast chicken.  I dried the chicken with paper towels seasoned inside and out with salt.  Then I topped it with Cajun seasoning and let it sit for an hour to absorb the seasonings.  After the oven preheated to 450 it gave a loud ding,  and I put the chicken and veggies in for 12 minutes.  Then I put the temperature probe in a thigh, lowered the temp to oven temp to 350 and the probe temp to 165.  I Cloroxed all the cabinets and by the time I was done the oven gave 3 loud dings and dinner was served.  This appliance is so much better than my previous one.  Next I'm gonna see how good a job it will do on my wonderful brownies.  I'm afraid I might start using this more than my real oven when it comes tomorrow! 

This morning when I walked outside I saw our killer fox for the first time.  Since Jack bushogged I'm able to see critters when they come out from the edge of the woods.  It poked it's head out, I saw it and it saw me.  I also saw a hawk fly off with a rodent in it's talons.  Good.  I and the dogs can see the fox come out and the hawks can find rodents.  Win win.

Time to go out and sit in the garden drinking a beer for a while before WC time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. Glad to hear that you love your countertop oven so much. I have a cheap one that I use to heat things up but I also have a nice air fryer that I cook a lot of meat in.

I've been busy most of the day starting with the water changes and then running errands. Now I am back home after taking Kobe for a walk around the park. I have just enough time to feed the fish before I run out to our first ever HOA meeting. I've been here for 4 years and we are now just getting around to a meeting. huh

When I get back home I'll take Kobe for a last walk, jump in the shower and head right to bed. huh I'll check you all out in the morning. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Liz...did you replace your air fryer?...

I'm going out in a few minutes to get some STS for substratein the 125 Tetra tank...I got all the sand out yesterday...what a mess!... :D

Took the car for an oil change this morning...went to the gym for 30 minutes of exercising...came home and ate some leftover Sesame Chicken I brought home last night...worked on some SAS stuff...and now i'm putzing...

temp is 71 and sunny!...|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Yes Ron.  It's headed to the dump.  I know that Barb and you love yours but once I started to really try to cook in mine every thing would come out burned although the oven thermometer said that the temp was just right.  I tried to love the thing for a long time and failed.  Air frying has no value to me although I believe that the range I have coming tomorrow has a silly air fry setting.  When I want fried food I want the flavor you get from real fat.  I either pan fry or use my Fry Daddy depending on what I'm making.  I'm not even close to overweight and am not worried about my health except for what can be done about my disintegrating spine.  Most importantly, I'm into food for the flavor.  Good fats lend wonderful flavor.  Butter and real Lard rock.  I've even made my own schmaltz from chicken fat for making chopped liver.

Ha, Ha, Ha...I just went off on a rant without even intending to.  It's been a good while since I've had a nice rant.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, just a busy day here.  Maybe an easier day tomorrow and I will write more.  Glad you like your new oven Liz.  You all have a good eve!
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 14, 2021, 06:26:22 PM
Yes Ron.  It's headed to the dump.  I know that Barb and you love yours but once I started to really try to cook in mine every thing would come out burned although the oven thermometer said that the temp was just right.  I tried to love the thing for a long time and failed.  Air frying has no value to me although I believe that the range I have coming tomorrow has a silly air fry setting.  When I want fried food I want the flavor you get from real fat.  I either pan fry or use my Fry Daddy depending on what I'm making.  I'm not even close to overweight and am not worried about my health except for what can be done about my disintegrating spine.  Most importantly, I'm into food for the flavor.  Good fats lend wonderful flavor.  Butter and real Lard rock.  I've even made my own schmaltz from chicken fat for making chopped liver.

Ha, Ha, Ha...I just went off on a rant without even intending to.  It's been a good while since I've had a nice rant.
...and all this after we were convinced to by the air fryer!... 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

I still use and like mine Ron.  You just have to work with the rack position, temp and time. 
Barb :)

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on October 15, 2021, 07:02:18 AM
I still use and like mine Ron.  You just have to work with the rack position, temp and time. 

+1
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on October 15, 2021, 07:02:18 AM
...we actually love ours!...it's not easy to bake in, though...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron