• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 138
Total: 139

Tuesday's here

Started by Barb, October 12, 2021, 06:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks, it is cooler and cloudy this morning, but still not a drop of rain in sight.  I guess I will go out with the hose and get busy later on.  I still have lots of summer flowers blooming nicely and don't want to lose them to drought.  Just frost next month.  Yesterday I had to eliminate the big brown water snake in my yard.  I tried to get it out, but in the end that didn't work.  I hate to kill things so I feel terrible at what I had to do. But it was to grow to 60" and I could not have that in my yard and pond. It would wipe out all my goldfish.  It will take time for me to get over killing it.  Horrible.

I hope today will be better and that you all have a good day too.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone.  Today is almost a repeat of yesterday but not as breezy. It's basically just cloudy and drizzly. There will be no accumulating rainfall.

Getting ready to go for my Flu shot and when I get back I'll start up in the fishroom again. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I Barb and Willie.  Barb, I put the sprinkler on the veggie garden earlier.  It will be almost hot today with a high of 87.  I'll check with Best Buy to see if my toaster oven is in.  If it is I'll drop off some fish and snails at the bet store at the same time.  That will be enough for my back in one day so then it'll be just admiring nature and playing in the fish room.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good morning Willie, Barb, & Liz...

Our temp was 56 when I woke up a little bit ago...supposed to get to 66 today and by weekend back into the mid-80s...no rain...

I got my new plants attached to dragonstone yesterday...Anubias and Jave Fern...then I moved some around in the Congo 125g...

I have 3 major projects looming...2 of them are setting up the 2 - 75g tanks sitting empty in the game room...the other is changing out the substrate in the tetra 125g from the sand that's in it to my favorite Safe-T-Sorb substrate, without taking out every creature and plant...! ???

I went to the office yesterday where I maintain the 65g for the NP that owns it...she only has Peacock Cichlids in it, so no plants...the water has been looking yellowish and WCs don't help...I put some charcoal in the canister and the water started clearing almost immediately...it surprised me how quick it was...!

I got the 6 F. gardneri in their own 20g...they are really colorful...there are several, like 10 maybe, different locations this species come and each is a different color variant...serious kili-keepers are stringent about not interbreeding these different "subspecies" in order to keep their natural wild genes separate...

I guess fishroom putzing or project is on the menu for me today...and veggie-beef soup at the clubhouse for lunch!...

Good day all! And happy aquariuming!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Oh poo.  They said that my toaster oven won't arrive until tomorrow so I didn't get to go in.

What I did do, as I was sitting outside watching and feeling sorry for Isabel is text my vet, Karen.  I asked her if it would be worth a try, to fix her by throwing a dissolvable suture in her vent.  I told her and I'm sure she knows that chickens get totally passive when held upside down so it shouldn't require anesthesia.  She said that it should work.  So as soon as I'm sure the has stopped laying I'll will make her an appointment.  I hope they let me assist.
Always move forward. Never look back.