• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 05:24:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 183
Total: 184

Perfect Saturday Ahead

Started by BallAquatics, October 09, 2021, 05:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Good morning all.  Another lovely fall day here in central Ohio.  It's a cool 55 right now going up to a sunny low humidity 78 this afternoon.

Well, I'm officially vaccinated now.  Got my second shot yesterday morning.  Just a bit of mild pain / stiffness in my arm but nothing else.  First shot was the same...  You folks all vaccinated?  They say Ohio is a bit above 50%, but most of the folks @ HomeDepot have gotten their shots.

Planning on doing some garage clean-up and maybe a bit of yard work.  I've been cleaning up Pop's 40+ year old TroyBuilt tiller and hope to put in some wild flower meadows this fall.  Going to cut down on the amount of grass to mow before I get too old to manage the homestead.  LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Barb

Good morning Dennis, how nice to have you here.  Do you live on that homestead or just care for it now?  How far from your home?  Last night it rained here in my area, first rain in 4 weeks!  More to come the rest of the weekend too.  But it is ruining several Fall festivals going on this weekend in eastern NC which are all outdoor affairs.  Hope you all have a good weekend where you are. Any Fall fests going on in your part of the country?
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Dennis, Barb and everyone. Dennis I am glad to hear that you are vaccinated, so am I. I got the Moderna and I got the same sort of response that you got. Not bad at all. It's almost time to get my booster shot so I'm going to get my Flu shot next week before it's time for that booster.

When I went into the Army in 1971 on my second day of active duty I had to walk through an assembly line where I was shot up in both arms with air injectors containing multiple vaccines. I never gave it a thought of what the vaccines were for. All I remember is that I couldn't lift my arms for a few days afterward. That was 50 years ago and I am still here.

Yesterday I finally got the steroid shot in my back and aside from some soreness at the injection sites I feel fine. I haven't started to move around much yet so today will be a test day. They said it may take 7 to 10 days for it to kick in.

It is a partly cloudy day with the current temp at 64 degrees and going up to 72 degrees under a partly cloudy sky. We are expecting rain this evening and during the overnight so hopefully we will get enough so I don't have to drag out the hoses again this year.

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Barb on October 09, 2021, 07:03:24 AM
Good morning Dennis, how nice to have you here.  Do you live on that homestead or just care for it now?

Hi Barb & Willie.  Thanks Barb, it's nice to be here, having a good day.

I live here on my 1.58 acre homestead.  Mom's place is another 1 acre, but she's at the other end of the county.

I've got all this road frontage, but can't see it from the house.  Seems like a good place for wild flowers.  If I get enough flowers going, I might look into setting up some bee hives.  I'm back in the woods, so no danger of spraying or close neighbors.  LOL

LizStreithorst

That's a beautiful place, Dennis.  Ain't it great not being able to see the road or neighbors?  I hoped that the pain doctor would fix me up well enough to get a bee hive next spring, but he didn't do a good enough job.  Those frames full of brood and honey are HEAVY.

It's another beautiful day here, too.  Not a cloud in the sky.  It will hit 86 again today.  I walked out to the garden and my first shallot has put out growth.  I have stuff coming up in the bed with carrots and the one with spinach but I can't tell yet what is a food plant and what is a weed. 

The girls who unload feed for me will be available tomorrow so even though I still have a couple sacks of horse feed in the Peamite I bought 3 more plus a sack of alfalfa cubes and a sack of laying pellets.  My big garbage can in the laundry room will hold 3 sacks of horse feed.  Since the girls aren't always available I still will have the 2 sacks in the car that I will unload one bucket at a time like I've been doing. 

I'm still not recovered from walking around big box stores so I don't have else on the agenda other than hanging out a load of laundry and the usual fish room work.

Have a great day everyone.  Especially you, Greg! 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Very nice Dennis!  I bet you really enjoy living out there.  I am in a place with roads and neighbors close by me, as Liz said. But for me, at this time in my life, it is perfect.  I have made my own nature preserve around my house, and my 6' fence around 3 sides of my house really help my privacy.  Thanks for the satellite pic, I think it is?

wsantia1

Dennis I agree with Liz and Barb that you are in a great local. Like Barb I live around a lot of neighbors but I am basically in a dead end because the road to in my development ends right behind my house.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello all y'all folks!...

Sorry I missed y'all here yesterday...I was off and running errands a good part of my day and didn't get on here....

Hi Dennis! ...nice digs!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron