• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 05:49:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 173
Total: 174

Friday/Lazyday

Started by LizStreithorst, October 08, 2021, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning Muggy friends.  I'm for sure paying the price today for all the tramping around big box stores yesterday.  I sure did enjoy myself shopping for kitchen goodies, though so it was worth it.  So what if I have to take a lazy day.  I'm retired!

I've been piddling some in the fish room, moving fish around, etc.  I seem to have accidently bred and raised some rainbowfish.  They must have been on a plant on driftwood I moved to a Ram breeding tank.  When the Rams got big enough to put into a tank of their own I could tell when they started growing that not all of them were gold rams.  I gave them a close look yesterday and they are rainbows!  There's a ton of them in a 65 wide.  They don't have much color at all but the body shape and dorsal fins tell me what they are.  They appear to be Australian's but they could easily be a cross between varieties.  Australian's aren't the most eye catching variety until they're fully colored adults.  Next time I talk to Twee I'll ask her if she has any demand for them.
I doubt she does.  I'll probably end up moving some to my rainbow tank in the office and tossing the rest on the compost heap.

The hummingbirds appear to all be gone until next year.  I wish they stayed year round but I also know that if they did I'd take them for granted.  Since they're migratory I enjoy anticipating seeing the first ones that show up in the spring.  What I get to look forward to next is the invasion of the Cedar Wax Wings.  That will not be for several months.  The berries they eat on my holly trees haven't even started turning red yet.

I think I'll get of my lazy ass, get out of my jammies and sit outside for a while.  It'll get good and warm here today.  86 under cloud free sunny skies.

I'm sure that everyone else will have more interesting stuff going on.  I'll be checking back to see what later. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I'm just getting back in the house after getting my back pain shot. They numbed the area so it really didn't hurt. I have to wait for a few days to see if I get any relief. I'm supposed to take it easy for a couple of days.

Hopefully everyone is having a good day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I hope it works for you, Willie.  It works for most people.  It lasted for an entire year for one lady I know, but she's an exception.  Most folks get relief for a couple of months and say that the second shots works for better and longer.  Fingers crossed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi folks...89 here with cloud cover... waiting for friends from Florence to arrive to play cards this afternoon...Lucy is fixing a green chili enchilada soup for us for dinner....

I pulled orders for eBay guy this morning...we had orders for over 330 dwarf water lettuce!...that took a while to count out! :D...

My back is aching today...this is muscle ache , not nerve pain...guess I should take something for it...

I hope all of you Muggers are having a good day...happy aquariuming!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi every body!  Guess what? It is almost ready to rain here, first rain in over 4 weeks.  I am so looking forward to it, even though it will ruin most of the big downtown festival starting now through Sunday.  I wasn't going anyway, too many people with no social distancing I am sure, no place I want to be at this time.  I plan a drive tomorrow.  Even in the rain.  Hope the 3 of you feel better with your pains.  My back is kind of tired right now from being on my feet all day. Had to go to help my mom twice today, both times with a long walk involved.  Now I sit to have dinner and watch TV after discus wc.
Barb