• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 133
Total: 135

Thursday greeting

Started by Barb, October 07, 2021, 05:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Willie, Liz and Ron. Sorry I missed here yesterday, it was a vey busy day for me.  Today will be too.  I need to go buy more rocks, finished putting in my new rock border yesterday but need about 10' more rocks.  I am working hard to get this job finished before the rain finally gets here later today, almost 4 weeks with none.  I don't want my soil and mulch washing out in the street, so have had to get the rocks in place to hold it all back.  I hope it works as planned. Also had to help my mom for 4 hrs.

Go get that stove Liz, it will be good for you.  Willie hope you enjoy your fishroom time.  And Ron, Happy Anniversary!  You all have a good day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I am just getting back from my primary doctor's visit. All went well and I got my tramadol prescription renewed so I was happy about that. I get my shot tomorrow from the ortho doctor. We'll see how that goes.

It is a sunny and breezy 72 degrees here with no rain in sight and the 10 day forecast only shows a 10% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday. Needless to say I will be watering my Mums.

I'm going downstairs to play in the fishroom until it is time to pick up Kobe from the groomer. Liz I wish you were close by so I could drop him off with you. I've love your work.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

GOOD MORNING or AFTERNOON...!

We've had a nice stay here in Sedona...going to pack out at 11am...the leaves haven't started to change yet...need 2 more weeks to start, I think...we've had some good food and enjoying the area...took a little drive up Oak Creek Canyon yesterday after lunch...it's a pretty drive...and the red mountains were all in view yesterday with our clear bright sky...

I'm hoping the traffic going home today will be less than it was coming up here...and I'm glad we don't have rain in today's forecast...

Good day, all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  I've had a great day so far.  I spent a pocket full of money and don't feel any guilt about having done it.  I bought a toaster oven which to replace the one I don't like, a gas 5 burner range/oven and an over the range microwave.  They don't have the toaster oven in stock so I'll go pick it up when they get it in Tuesday.  The other two will be delivered next Wednesday.

I had everything I wanted picked out on line at Best Buy.  But what Best Buy says on their web site is different from what they tell you when you get to the store.  The website says free installation but when you get to the store installation is not free unless you belong to the Geek Squad which cost an extra $200.  Also, the conversion kit to propane which comes free taped to the back of the oven was an extra $150.  And they don't haul off your old stuff for free.  You either pay or take care of it yourself.  The hell with that.  I had a pocket full of money to hand to them and the only thing I bought there was the toaster oven that they supposedly had in stock but did not.

I'm glad I spent yesterday sitting down because today I spent walking around Home Depot and Lowes.  Lowes had the best deals on what I was looking for and offered free installation and pick up.  That included the conversion kit which came free with the oven.  I'm glad I put a little more money than I needed in my wallet because when I got done I just had $7. left.  Worry not folks, I have more in my stash of cash.

Of course since I was in the neighborhood I stopped by to visit my friends at the LPS.  I told Twee all about selling the discus and spending money on appliances.  She was so happy for me.  They want more snots and yellow shrimp.  I'll drop them off next week when I pick up my toaster oven.

I'm done doing stuff today except for eating, sitting outside enjoying nature and WC.  There are lots of things that would like doing but nothing that needs doing.  My poor bod needs a lot of rest.  Since I've come to accept the fact that I'm old and falling apart I am able to enjoy what I have while I have it.

The dogs went off on a wild bark while I was in bed.  I was awake at the time and heard nothing but since chicken stealing critters have been showing up lately the dogs have been on high alert and ran it off.  Shawn thinks it's the fox that has been getting his wife's chickens.  Poor April only has 3 hens left.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

What a good and fun day for you Liz!  Enjoy those new appliances!
Barb

wsantia1

That's great news Liz. Enjoy your new appliances. You deserve them.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

That sounds like you had a good time shopping for your appliances, Liz...now you'll have a good time using them!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron