• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

Cloudy Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, October 06, 2021, 08:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is a cloudy and humid morning here in Delaware. The current temp is 67 degrees and will be getting up to 72 by this afternoon. The humidity is at a pretty high 86% but there is no rain in sight.

I'm feeling much more energetic today so hopefully I can some things done in the fishroom. I failed to get anything done the last two days. That's what happens when you have trouble sleeping. I did get a good 6 hours of sleep last night so I feel better.

My vinegar eels come in today so hopefully the culture is in good shape and I can keep it going. Once I do that I will try to get some daphnia going.

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's a beautiful almost hot summerlike day here.  I haven't done much today.  I'm getting used to and accept the fact of not being able to do much.  It is becoming easier to enjoy mostly sitting around as I slowly admit the truth.  I'm looking forward to hearing from getting an appointment with the MRI people because in November after the pain doctor goes over the MRI pic and report I get to see the neurosurgeon. 

All I've done today is run into Ellisville for an errand or two, feed the fish and horse, rework the meal worm culture and feed the chickens their treat.  I lost another hen to predators yesterday.  I think that I've been loosing so many because the pasture is so grown up with weeds that the critters are able to hide.  I'm not in any condition to get on the tractor and bush hog, Jack who owns the tractor with the bushhog is in no condition to do it and his son in law is too busy working on the house that he and his wife will be living in to do it for me so it is what it is...Isabel is still with me.  I've quit trying to fix her.  She laid another egg today, the poor thing.  She sleeps in a dog grooming cage at night and I gives me lots of chicken poop on the cage pad to put on the compost pile.  As you can tell, It has been difficult for me to harden my heart and do the deed.

In the morning I hope to be in the mood to throw caution to the wind and go to Best Buy for my stove.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz I know what you mean by accepting the facts. I finally got to my water changes after talking about them for a few days. At least they were within a week of the last changes. I've just been too tired.

Tomorrow after I come back from my primary doctor's appointment I can mess around with the filtration.
Did I ever mention that I hate to squeeze out sponges? Jon used to mention that he would throw them in the washing machine. Or was it the dishwasher?

I'm getting ready to take Kobe back to the park. He is so spoiled. Tomorrow he goes to the groomer.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I think it was the washing machine but without soap.  Sponge squeezing is my least favorite thing as well.  It's a big job when you have a lot of tanks running.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 06, 2021, 04:30:06 PM

Did I ever mention that I hate to squeeze out sponges? Jon used to mention that he would throw them in the washing machine. Or was it the dishwasher?
...i'm looking over some posts I'd missed...
...Willie, when I was breeding guppies back in the early 70s, I used to clean my sponges that way...washing machine with no soap... easy, peasy...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron