• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:01:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

TGIF

Started by LizStreithorst, October 01, 2021, 11:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Not that Friday matters to us retired folks, but a weekend is still more fun than a week day for me huh  It's sunny and beautiful here.  The humidity is high due to all the rain we'd had, but if it stays sunny that will evaporate away.  They're saying that we have a much lesser chance of rain today.  I'm hoping we have none.

I let Isabel out after I put her butt back together and held it in for a while.  Then I did chicken laundry and took the garbage to the corner.  After I put a clean cage pad in her cage and fixed her a dish of frozen corn I went out to get her back in.  To my great delight when I spotted her out front with her friends I called her name and she looked up and started coming to me.  I just talked to her and walked slowly to the house and she followed me.  Once she came in she went straight to her cage and ate her corn.  Of course I had to put her butt back together again.  Seems that every time she poops it comes out.  I sure do hope I can make her better.  I've never had a chicken that knew it's name and came when called.  She really is smart for a chicken.

I got 30 cloves of garlic planted which if I have a good crop should make all the garlic i will need for the year.  What surprised me is that I still have room in that bed to plant something else.  Maybe I'll pick up some bunching onions to use as scallions.

I have nothing left to do of much interest but that doesn't mean I have nothing to do.  I still havent cleaned the poor house. 

What's up with all the rest of you folks?

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I've been just being lazy here today although I did do a WC on the turtle tank. I've had this turtle for 25 years.

This type of turtle (Reives) is supposed to live about 25 years but I suspect it's closer to 27 years old and shows no sign of slowing down.

I bought it for my granddaughter when she was 7 and by the time she was nine she abandoned it to me. She is now 32. huh I sure wish that dogs and cats had as long a life as turtles. huh

It is a beautiful day here but my morning temp was only 48 degrees. It is 70 degrees, sunny and breezy now. |^| |^| |^|

I still have my shrimp tanks to do but those are easy. I just have to prep some distilled water because they don't like my tap water at all.

Liz my house is still surprisingly clean after all of the work I did on it last week. As long as I can let someone in without being embarrassed I'm ok. |^| |^| |^|

Wishing you all a great remainder of the day. mim mim mim mim

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, 2 good stories of chicken and turtle.  Yes, I agree, wish dogs and cats lived as long as turtles.  How big is your turtle Willie?  Hope your smart chicken does OK Liz.  Hot and dry here today, but cooling off now.  It sure gets dark early now, by 7pm.  I sent off several boxes of discus cones today and worked on indoor plants.  Trying to take it easy today.  This weekend I need to start with my big pile of mulch, after a trip to the beach tomorrow to visit relatives for awhile.  Have a good weekend you all.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on October 01, 2021, 02:05:43 PM
Hi Liz and Willie, 2 good stories of chicken and turtle.  Yes, I agree, wish dogs and cats lived as long as turtles.  How big is your turtle Willie?  Hope your smart chicken does OK Liz.  Hot and dry here today, but cooling off now.  It sure gets dark early now, by 7pm.  I sent off several boxes of discus cones today and worked on indoor plants.  Trying to take it easy today.  This weekend I need to start with my big pile of mulch, after a trip to the beach tomorrow to visit relatives for awhile.  Have a good weekend you all.
Barb

Barb my turtle a Reeves Turtle and is only about 7  inches long.
https://www.reptiledirect.com/reeves-turtle/
Willie

LizStreithorst

Willie, that was a great read.  If there is a Reeves Turtle club you should let them to know the age of yours.  Post a pic of his tank pretty please.  I've been invaded by duck weed which I must not have noticed that came with some shrimp I bought.  (not yours Willie)  I wish I could have one of those turtles to move from tank to tank to eat the damn stuff but the turtle wouldn't last long without a place on land to warm up.  Besides, they live too long for me to get one.  The best thing that could happen as far as I'm concerned is that all our beloved pets that nobody would take care of well, would just up and die when I did.  But life and death don't take their orders from me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz, there is no Reeves Turtle Club near me but I did find the Mid-Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise Society that is in Maryland. The membership fee is $25 bucks per year so I probably will join them. Thanks for that advice.

I will post a picture of Keyshawn (granddaughter named it) after I put her back in her 30 gallon long. She's hanging out in a big dry Sterlite container right now. I always wax her shell before I put her back in her tank after a WC.
Willie

Barb

She is a well cared for turtle I see Willie.  I have always liked turtles, we used to have some box turtles in an enclosure in our backyard many years ago.  In fact it was during a turtle mating session, that I taught my daughter about the birds and bees. 
Barb

Ron Sower

Hello my friends...

We spent most of yesterday at our rental in Florence and hung new curtain rods and curtains. Then did touch-up cleaning of the floor and appliances... so came home fairly tired....went back early this morning to hang 2 more curtain panels to make things look right...the tenants were there 10 minutes before we got there...they are good ol' country folk and seem really nice...

Tomorrow I will spend most of the day preparing items for the swap meet on Sunday...I'm really looking forward to it...

I've caught up with your last 2 days of posts and am happy things seem good with you guys...
Willie, new neighbor across the street keeps turtles...we've been on the go so much that I haven't been over to visit yet or to invite him to our home, but I'll get to it one day!...
Liz, it's time for you to go back through all your posts on Mugwumps, and put together a compendium of your crazy animal stories!!!... :D :D :D
Barb, every time you mention going to the beach I think back to how close I came to living new you but didn't because of my wife at the time...I think I would have loved the area...

Take care,folks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron