• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Sunny Thursday

Started by wsantia1, September 30, 2021, 05:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is a cool 53 degrees here to start the day. We will get up to 70 degrees with plenty of sunshine later this afternoon.

I have an eye doc appointment this morning. I will be getting my eyes dilated so that sunshine will be a pain in my butt when I leave. It usually takes me about 2 hours for my eyes to get back to normal. Those temporary shades they give you are crap.

I have a couple of chores to do before I get going so I hope that you all have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie, Barb and Ron later.

Ever since yesterday it has rained and stopped, rained and stopped, rained and stopped.  I don't know if I should plant my garlic or not with the ground so wet. 

First, I have to try to post some pics of the fish I'm having to part with on the Simply Facebook page.  Brian is admin on both and he's trying hard help me get my fish to people who know how to take care of them properly.  He's been contacted by several people who want to see pics.  I don't know if I'll be able to figure out how to do it but I'll try.

I let Isabel out first thing this morning to be a chicken while I was cleaning her cage and giving her a new cage pad.  I boiled some corn for her, put it in the cage, and when I went to coax her back her insides were out again.  I let her eat her corn and dry off a bit from the wet grass and put it back in with witch hazel and holding it.  I guess this treatment will take a while.  Good thing she's complete content in her cage.  She hops in without coaxing.

Have a good day, friends.  I'll check in later and see what's up with everyone else.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I am finally able to see again after having my eyes dilated this morning. It took around 4 hours before my eyes started acting right again.

Because I have a lot of pressure in my eyes I have them examined by an ophthalmologist twice a year. Once a year they are dilated.

Everything checked out well except that I have cataracts in the very early stages. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's a normal part of getting old.  I have the same thing but the eye doctor said it would be 10 years more or less before I'll require surgery.  I'm hoping I'll be dead by then.

Barb

Good early eve, folks.  It is real nice here today, but still so dry.  I killed a huge fire ant nest in one of my garden areas, I bet there were a billion ants in it.  Hope they are all dead now.  Why were they ever put on earth?  Pure evil.  And I found part of a snake skin floating in my pond.  Not happy about that.  Hope the snake left my yard when I left the gate open several days in a row.  Just found out there are bears in my neighborhood too!  Part of living in a wooded area, and I know they were here first.

Liz, can you send me pics of your discus in an email?  I can then copy them and put them on FB for you.  Did you open a FB account? I will need it to do this.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks for offering, Barb but Francis volunteered to do it for me.  I don't know why I'm so think.  I can't make heads or tails out of facebook. huh

You probably just have black bears.  They are only after garbage.  They're good at breaking into garbage cans and making a holy mess but they aren't a threat to humans.

I saw a snake skin in my chicken house a while back.  I guess I have a chicken snake.  I killed the first one I caught with an egg in it's mouth.  It was a big fine snake.  But later I felt bad about what I had done and decided I could deal with loosing an egg once in a while.  Chicken snakes hunt rodents too.  I haven't see any other than the ones Xena has presented me with.  The chicken snake might be the reason why.