• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Hump Day's Here

Started by Barb, September 29, 2021, 06:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks, I missed here yesterday, just too busy all day to sit and read/write.   Had to go to bed early too.  But I just read your yesterday posts.  Liz, sorry you are having to sell those beautiful Discus, if I lived closer I would have driven to pick them up and bring here to live.  And sorry about your chicken losses too. 

Willie, how is your ankle and hand from your fall?  Hopefully better.  Ron, you must be healing up fast now since you are able to do so many things? 

I got my load of brown hardwood mulch delivered yesterday, dumped on half of my driveway, so I can wheelbarrow it just where I want to put it.  Starting that later today.  Still no rain so the soil and mulch are light weight and easy to move.  But it is so dry here, I have to water flowers daily to keep them alive out in my garden.

You all have a good day,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning Barb, you hard working muscle woman.  I bet that the rest of us here envy the sound condition of your body.

I've been out turning soil.  One bed is ready to plant but it's humid and too damn hot when the sun comes out.  I'm back inside cooling down a bit before I tackle the second one.  My garlic and shallots are ready to go in as soon as I get the beds ready.

Ron and Willie I hope you are doing well.  Ron, don't let Miss Lucy wear you out cleaning.  Willie, how's the back?
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, wouldn't you know, I went back out to do more and it had started drizzling.  I went ahead and got the shallots planted then I was starting to get too wet and not it's coming down gently but persistently.  It's OK though.  I still have lots of time time to plant and the inside of the house is begging for attention.  I need to do something because Brian on Simply ask if I wanted him to post about giving up my Discus on the Simply Facebook page.  He said that there were many people not terribly far from me who are experienced Discus keepers and might be interested in my fish.  The way the house looks now I cannot allow anyone inside.  Getting it back to looking presentable is always easier than it looks.  But the fish room will be a bear to clean.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb and Liz. I just finished catching up on my water changes so hopefully I can stay on schedule. Tomorrow I'll do the shrimp and turtle tanks.

It's a cool and breezy 68 degrees here. We are supposed to get up to 70 so we'll see if we make it there. The sun is shining brightly so it is a very nice day to be outside.

My community landscapers came out and trimmed and weeded all of my flower beds. They even put down a little bit of mulch so I am happy about that. They weren't supposed to do all that they did so I am very appreciative.

Liz my back hurts some but it is bearable. A week from Friday I will get my shot. This could have been done a while ago but Medicare and my secondary insurance insist I go through the physical therapy process. At least I won't have to pay anything more than my premiums. Most of those charges are crazy.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Yes...it is hump day...! The week always goes so fast....!

Not much to report...Just a little putzing in the fishroom while Lucy has here card class going on in the living room...I'm supposed to trade some yellow shrimp for some plants today, but haven't heard back from the lady with her address...Ah! there it is right now!...that was weird!... huh...she's about 12 minutes drive from here...guess I better get going soon...

I'll pick up a sub and Lucy and I can have lunch before she starts her second class at 1pm and I go get a tire for the car...

Bye all Y'all...! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Back now from getting 2 nice Anubias for some yellow shrimp...and the sub was delicious...I'll be leaving in a little bit for the tire place...I might stop and get a haircut on the way home...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It quit raining and I got the second 4X8 garden plot triple dug with a little horse shit and some cottonseed meal.  I came inside to get the garlic bulbs and dang if the rain didn't start coming down again.