• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 155
Total: 157

Tuesday the good and the bad

Started by LizStreithorst, September 28, 2021, 10:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  I've got a huge order (for me) of various fish and Mystery Snails bagged up and ready to go to the LPS.  It broke of a little piece of my heart to take them a breeding pair of home bred Discus.  But I'd be crazy to keep them since they have such low fertility that I've given up trying to breed them.  When I got these fish netted in a 10:" net each one totally filled the net.  They are huge and they are beautiful.

I guess I'd better get on my way.  I'll check in again later.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Back from the pet store.  Twee is so nice.  She helped me with a letter from the IRS I got yesterday.  It freaked me out so much that I didn't think I was reading it right.  They said that because my income exceeds $75,000 they were mad at me because I didn't deserve the money that the Presidents sent me.  Lord have mercy.  I have never seen $75,000 in a single year in my entire life!  It made me sick to my stomach.  Twee reminded me what a mess the IRS was in right now what with having to give money to so many people and track down cheaters that they made a mistake.  She said that I might have to spend hours on the phone on hold but them to but that they would figure out that they'd made a mistake.  Damn.  If I had $75,000 I'd have my secretary do it for me.

I still feel bad for my poor Discus who will likely go to a newbie fish keeper with money who will kill them slowly with poor water quality.  But it is the right thing to do.  I have a female from a different line who has spawned twice in a community Discus tank.  The next time she and her young newly mature husband from my line into a 40 cube with RO water.  It's not like I've given up all hope.  Discus are my first fish love and breeding has always been my passion.  This pair is my last best hope.

Picked up 4 heaters and an 8'' net.  Winter is coming.  My heaters are old and untrustworthy.  I need an extra 300 watt heater for my 250 gallon water storage container in the winter because the water comes in so much colder.  Since they give me what I  buy at their cost even though I bought all that stuff they owe me a good bit of money.  Twee wanted to pay me then but I like having a credit with her and Ken.  They're like my fish/emergency bank account.  lol

I also went to the big fine Corner Market in Hattiesburg where they sell shallots and garlic loose.  They are much bigger and better than the ones that come 3 to a container for shallots and garlic 2 to a box.  These are for planting once I get the shavings and cottonseed meal dug in to my last 2 4'x8' garden beds.  I'm looking forward to doing that tomorrow.  I enjoy work like that as long as it doesn't make me hurt much.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. It has been a cloudy and breezy day so far. We were supposed to get rain this afternoon but it looks like it's going to miss us. We are down to a 20% chance of rain now.

My company left so now I have to catchup on a few things over the next couple of days. Water changes will be the main job. I not too concerned about the WC since my tanks are so lightly stocked. I have 22 tanks up and running only a couple of them have more than two fish in them. A while back I tried to consolidate some Angels and a big fight broke out. I ended up with several Angels injured and they are now in their own 20G tanks. huh

I'm need to get some good sleep tonight because I have not gotten much sleep over the last few days. Hopefully you all had a good day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi gang...

Last 2 days have had me busy...and the rest of the week is the same...I even cancelled my PT for Thursday to get a bit of a breather... yesterday I was running errands...today we were cleaning house and carport because Lucy has her card-making class here tomorrow...and then I had PT at 5 this evening which took its toll on me!😩😩😩

Not much aquarium-wise today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron