• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 05:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 162
Total: 163

Stormy Thursday

Started by wsantia1, September 23, 2021, 10:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is a wet and gloomy day here with the Thorms just getting started and lasting until tomorrow morning. Depending on which weather station I am listening to at any given moment we are expected to get 1 to 3 inches. Tornados are also possible with this storm.

I just came back from Sam's Club and I can't believe how much the price of meat has jumped up. They are blaming a lot of it on the lack of drivers to haul this stuff around. When I retired 12 years ago I might have considered taking a driving job but there is no way I would do it now.

Well I've got to start cleaning up my house starting with shampooing a lot of my carpet. Although I did a good job of cleaning Kobe's mess I need to really get into it to make sure it is deep cleaned. He's feeling much better now so I am not worried about him soiling everything up again.

I hope you all are having better weather than me and I wish you all have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie, and our other friends later. 

It's cool without a cloud in the sky.  I was all down in the dumps yesterday but I'm trying to pull myself out of the funk.  I went to the feed store and got 4 sacks of horse feed and have a load of laundry hanging to dry.  After I feed Charlotte her lunch I'm going to head down to the fish room and do an early WC since I didn't change water at all yesterday.  I know...shame on me.

I may run into Ellisville for fire ant killer.  The stuff I had which worked before didn't kill anything this time.  I have 3 fire ant mounds where I want to plant my fall garden.  I need linguini and a lemon for what I'm making for dinner later so I guess I'd better go.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

It actually turned out to be a wonderful day.  A couple of guys are interested in Charlotte the truck and want to look at the wrecked truck that I got for her parts.  I hope they but them.  The last guys apparently decided not to buy.

I also sold another group of Rams to another very nice guy on AB.  I've been buying and selling on AB for years and years.  Only one person, George Garcia, was rude to me. 

Then I called Twee.  They will take 20 snots, 30 shrimp of different colors, 6 Dutch Blue Rams, and 2 adult Discus.  I'll be taking them to her Tuesday.  Even though I'm cutting back on tanks I still need some more heaters because winter is coming.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good evening Willie and Liz, sounds like you both are doing OK. Glad to hear Kobe is well again and you are back in the fish room Willie.  Liz congrats on all the fish sales, that is great.  Thanks for the cute gift, tried to call twice but your phone didn' t even ring.  I did send you an email yesterday.  All is fine here, even got a good rain yesterday and earlier today.  Now all gone, but cooler weather.  I can keep some windows open for a change.  Next storm to watch is Sam, wonder where he will go??  Hopefully not here or MS.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 23, 2021, 10:53:30 AM
Good morning everyone. It is a wet and gloomy day here with the Thorms just getting started

Well I've got to start cleaning up my house starting with shampooing a lot of my carpet.

...there goes your back...!!! ??? :( :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Hi all!...

I started out today working on some Club stuff... I've got a little bit to do each day right now rather than try to do it all at once...Went to the clubhouse and did the stationery bike and leg lifts a little bit...nothing too strenuous...then went over to a fishy friend's house to pick up some good used plant lights...those were the highlights of my day except for watching "My Spy" which is a cute movie....I've seen it 3 times now and loved it each time...sweet one with a CIA plot...

Tomorrow I need to see if I need to do any water changes in the big tanks...I'll check the nitrites first...I really need to take out the huge Poret Sponge Tower in the Congo tank and clean it....It's been almost 2 years now and I can tell by the flow that it's pretty clogged...! ???

I hope all of  you had a good day...keep on happy aquariuming!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron