• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 127
Total: 128

Hump Day and Fall

Started by Barb, September 22, 2021, 06:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Happy Fall y'all!  It was a long hot summer, glad to have Fall here now, hope it is a long, not short Fall.  I have a 3 day mountain trip planned for mid Oct, if I can leave my mom alone that long.  I have friends who can keep an eye on her if I leave.  I am riding a steam train through the mountains, looking at beautiful things. It is an 8 hr. drive across NC to get there.  NC is wide!  I have reservations but can cancel up until the day before.

Hope you all have a good day and find something enjoyable/fun to do. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning Barb and Willie and Ron later.  It actually turned into Fall on the appointed day this year.  It will only get up to 78 today.  Imagine that!!!  The weather says sunny but ATM it's extremely overcast and breezy.

I cancelled my grooming appointment for today.  Like I told my customer, I won't be grooming anymore unless my body gets amazingly better at some point.  I've also decided to cut down dramatically in the fish room.  I'll take my 3 tanks worth of Discus to the Ken and Twee a few at a time.  I don't need my Dutch Blue Rams either.  As pretty as I think they are they aren't money makers.  I'll concentrate on my Pitch Black breeding project plus the shrimp Mystery Snails and Snots just because I like them.

I won't be doing much today.  I have the harvest from plant number 2 to bottle up and cure.  It won't take days on end like it did with the big plant, thank God.  I also need to run to the supermarket and of course call Ken and Twee to see what they can take.

Wishing everyone a good day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Barb and Liz. Another nice day here with the temp at 82 degrees under a cloudy sky. We do have rain moving in overnight and it will rain most of tomorrow. Great weather is on tap for the weekend.

I'm playing in the fishroom at the moment but overall I am taking it easy again today. I have to shampoo my carpet now that I know that Kobe is feeling better. The chances of him soiling the carpet again at this time is minimal.

Liz I am sorry to see you cut back a big in the fishroom but I totally understand as I have cut back a lot too. It's been over a year since I bred any Angels.

Barb that trip sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully your conditions are favorable so that you can take that trip.

Wishing you all have a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello you guys!...

Sounds like you guys are getting a good start to the day...actually it's half over for you!... I just am taking it slow today...I have PT at 4 today and don't want to overdo it, since I'm starting with a new PT person...Hayley, my main one in the past, has left for her home town in Ky...

Last night I had a virtual meeting of the club's directors and committee chairs to cover some issues that are showing up in our FB postings...we covered a lot and have put some actions in motion that will be accomplished...

Looking at my involvement in the aquarium hobby, and reading that you folks are scaling down yours, I wonder where I want to be going with it...before surgery I was planning to expand my plant offerings and continue having eBay guy sell them...then I consider the fun of breeding fish and think I'd like to do more of that...perhaps I can breed small fish in my 20g planted tanks!...plus I've got two 75g empty tanks in the game room that need to be set up!... and then there is my club in which I'm heavily vested...and dragonstone features... oh well, I'll figure it out  ;) ;D ...I DO enjoy my hobby!!! 8)

Meanwhile, I guess I better get off my tush and get some things done today...make it a good day y'all and happy aquariuming!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron