• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 128
Total: 129

Tired Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, September 21, 2021, 09:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  I think I worked a little too hard yesterday.  All that bending and stretching in the fish room was the culprit, but I really had no choice.  It sure it good to walk down to the fish room and see all those beautiful bubbles from my antique Medo pump.  The thing is so old it was made when they were using aluminum wiring.  Isn't that like back in the 70's?

I still don't hurt as much as I did before the burning procedure.  I hope the dog I'm doing today doesn't put me back in bed flat on my back.  I'm thinking that maybe I'm just out of shape from not being able to do 'bout anything for so many weeks.  Fingers crossed.

I want so badly to go out to the garden and dig the shavings into the soil so I can plant, but I'm going to be careful and put it off for a few more days.  I have another dog coming tomorrow and need to be able to do it without killing myself.

It's another nice day here.  Mostly cloudy but not brutally hot.  Of course they're saying we'll have rain late in the evening, but I've got so I don't have any faith in what the weather people say any more.

Willie, I hope you're suffering a bit less today.  I wish they weren't making you wait so long to get the steroid shot.  Is Kobi all better?  How are the baby rams doing?  Barb, tell your mother I wish her well.  I hope your leg muscle thing has gone back into hiding.  Ron, I look forward to having you home again.  Have an enjoyable day everyone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz. Sorry to hear that you are a bit worn down today. Hopefully today's dog won't wear you too much. My back is still hurting but my TENS is working and I am in a lot less pain today.

Unfortunately the same can't be said about my Rams. Out of my "big" spawn I only have about 15 survivors but they are all doing great. These survivors have taught me a lot so I'm sure that I will be successful next time. I did have another spawn afterwards that I had high hopes for but the male did not fertilize the eggs. huh 

I was really ready for that spawn so I left them alone to try again. Hopefully he won't fail next time. I do have two other "pairs" but they don't seem to like each other. Maybe if I put then all in the same tank they will re-pair. huh

Kobe is still doing good. Today he is bugging me for treats but I am holding my ground on NO. Not until I figure out what made him sick this last time.

I forgot to mention what a nice day it is with the current temp at 74 degrees. Humidity levels are rising but it feels really good outside.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning guy and gals!...looks to be 80 out there right now and sunny...looks like it's going to get to 100 with 1% rain chance...

It is so good to be home!...got in at 3AM yesterday morning and couldn't get to sleep until after 4  >:( ...so I only got about 4 hours of sleep...I felt slow and groggy all yesterday... :-\ ... just laid around doing nothing...tried to nap, but I can seldom do that during the daytime... I'm doing a little better today...

I need to go over and do the office tank maintenance for my customer today, and I think this will put us back on the old schedule I had going with her...

My fish all did well under Stan's care...the Congo tank has no room for the Congo Tetras to shoal together...the plants have just completely filled the tank over the 10 day stretch that I was gone... I want to trim and pull, but we have the swap meet coming up on the 3rd and I'd like to keep them til then to sell...my eBay guy isn't keeping up... ;D ;D ;D ...since the temps are dropping some now, maybe I should put some of them out on the covered carport in tubs/totes...

I sure hope all of you are feeling good today and can do the things you want to do...Glad Kobe is doing better, Willie...Sorry your Mom's taking a turn, Barb...and glad you can get a few dogs groomed and your fish have air, Liz...

Happy aquariuming, all!  ;D

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Willie, everything I have bred something I've never bred before I learn more from personal experience than from other people.  Every finds the way it works best for them.  As far as the second pairs eggs being sterile, it turns out that not all of these 100% black spawns from black parents are fertile.  I didn't know about this when I sold you yours.  I found it out when I started breeding my own from the same batch.  I posted a long discussion about this on Simply and about the ethics of selling them as unsexed knowing what I know.  You might get fertile eggs if you breed the male and female to another male and female.  You for sure would get fertile eggs if you were to breed to a gold.  I found out about this from experience it, too.

Ron it's great to have you back home.  I hope you get back into the swing of things soon.

I got my dog done and I hurt but it's no big deal.  It's almost time for my pain meds and I'll take it easy for the rest of the day and only do animal chores which although not hard, have to be done come hell of high water.

Tink has a new friend.  One of my hens who lays in the house likes laying her egg in Tink's bed.  The hen bitches Tink out with a loud voice until either Tink gives up or the chicken gives up and gets in the bed with her.  It's really cute to see a dog and a chicken sharing a small dog bed.

Barb

Hi everybody!  Been busy all day, and worked on my discus tank awhile ago.  I always enjoy hearing the things you 3 are up to, good or bad.  Liz can we get a pic of Tink and the hen in the dog bed?  The only fish breeding going on in this house are my pretty little Endlers, there is no stopping them.  I just enjoy looking at them, so cute.  The shrimp breed but not like the little fish of course.

My lawn boy won't be able to spread out the 3 yards of topsoil I am getting soon, for my former front lawn.  But I can do it, will just take my time, no rush since I am not planting it until Spring.  I have all tools needed.  Bill had every yard tool known to man, or woman, haha.  I will take a pic of the pile before I start spreading it out and show you.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'd love to see pics of you doing that, Barb.  I can't do that any more.

Tink and the hen aren't together often.  It's usually after I have to give her the full dose of her codeine after coughing too much the night before.  If the hen picks her time to lay when Tink is zonked out asleep it happens.  Usually the chicken nags Tink to the point that she gives up and naps somewhere else.  I'll do what I can.

Ron Sower

Tink has a new friend.  One of my hens who lays in the house likes laying her egg in Tink's bed.  The hen bitches Tink out with a loud voice until either Tink gives up or the chicken gives up and gets in the bed with her.  It's really cute to see a dog and a chicken sharing a small dog bed.
[/quote]...couldn't help but laugh out loud at this and read it to Lucy... ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron