• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 132
Total: 133

Saturday

Started by Barb, September 18, 2021, 07:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everybody!  Liz, Willie and Ron I hope your pains are not too bad today.  Here it is sunny and there was rain overnight so things look pretty good outside.  It will still be hot later on though.  I  have a day of pottery and indoor plant care, these 2 jobs will take many hours.  Then need to go help my mom  for awhile.  So, it will be a busy day.  Are you all doing something fun?  My niece, a problem filled person, called me yesterday to ask why all her new goldfish died?  I asked a few questions, found out she put 11 feeder goldfish in a bucket of fresh tapwater for her kids to feed bread to, it was some religious thing. She said currently the water was brown and she saw no fish in the bucket.  I told her she tortured the poor fish.  She told me she didn't have a pond like I do so a bucket would have to do.  Poor little fish.

Happy aquariuming!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It's going to be a gorgeous day here with the temp currently at 74 degrees and going up to 84F under a sunny sky. The humidity level is 92% but that will be dropping throughout the day.

I was supposed to be going to a club meeting today at noon but Kobe is having some stomach issues so I can't leave him alone in the house. He had several accidents last night which is unusual for him. A couple of years ago he had similar issues and it was a rough few days for us.

Yesterday I had my last PT session and this morning I woke up with an ailing back. You can't make this stuff up. Add that to the mess Kobe made during the night and my day is not off to a good start. At least I had some Tramadol to take. huh

Hope everyone's day is better than my day is going to be. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Ron, is your vet open today.  Sounds like maybe you should take him in.  I know all about the back pain, buddy.  It sucks.  I hope the tramadol helps.

My morning isn't the greatest, but none of my animals are sick, thank God.  Last night during WC I splashed water on an electrical outlet and tripped a breaker.  I unplugged from that outlet and got my can of WD 40.  The sprayer was broken so I couldn't shoot it inside the outlet.  I just waited a while, tried again and it worked for about 1 hr before it tripped again.  I was without air in the tanks so I got out the extension cords and plugged them into a different circuit then went to PayPal to send an invoice.  This morning is still won't reset.  I have a head scratcher going on.  But as warm is it is, and as long as the fish have air I have time to figure it out.

Then I went to PayPal so send an invoice and it wouldn't let me in.  I was too tired to figure it out last night but I got it done this morning.  I had to re-set every password on my computer.  That's what I get for ignoring the prompt saying that my settings were out of date.

I managed to get all the weeds pulled from the veggie garden yesterday before WC.  Now if I could only find my spading fork...It can wait.  I'll deal with the electricity problem first.

So far it seems that Barb is the only one whose day hasn't started off terrible.  I hope that Ron, at least if having a happy problem free day.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Sorry Willie and Liz. If I lived closer to you both I would come over and lend a hand or two.  Liz, what does WD40 do to electric outlet?.  It is oil isn't it?  Have not heard of this.  Hope you two have better hours coming up today.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, WD 40 isn't an oil actually an oil.  WD stands for Water Displacement.  You spray it in an outlet and if water has collected it drives it away.  It's a great product but too light to be used as an oil in most situations.

I figured out a plan of action and checked for verification from my buddy who works at the Ellisville hardware store.  What I think is that the breaker has gone bad.  They do go bad.  But I bought a new can of WD 40 and will spray inside every outlet connected with that circuit.  I doubt it will work but I need to try it first.  When it doesn't work I will replace the breaker with the new one I bought.  If that doesn't work I will have to call in a professional. 

Now to look up a youtube that explains how to replace a breaker.  I've never done it before, but I can't imagine it's difficult.

LizStreithorst

I did my homework on YouTube and was all set to replace the breaker.  Then I thought, well, I should really try the WC first.  I did then reset the breaker and it worked!  I put the cover of the breaker box back up, got everything plugged in and my light timers re-set and was on my way to tell y'all my good news when the damn thing tripped again.  Now I'm disgusted and my back is hurting from all the bending and stretching to plug things back in behind the wide tanks.  At least I didn't roll my cords back up and put them away.  I just plugged the air pumps back in to the other circuit.  It's not an emergency so I'll get 'er done tomorrow morning when I'm fresh.  We have had no rain either yesterday or today so I'll spend the rest of the day despite what the weather man insisted and I've found my runaway spading fork so I'll take my afternoon dose of drugs and do some soil turning.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 18, 2021, 08:52:10 AM
Ron, is your vet open today.  Sounds like maybe you should take him in.  I know all about the back pain, buddy.  It sucks.  I hope the tramadol helps.

My morning isn't the greatest, but none of my animals are sick, thank God.  Last night during WC I splashed water on an electrical outlet and tripped a breaker.  I unplugged from that outlet and got my can of WD 40.  The sprayer was broken so I couldn't shoot it inside the outlet.  I just waited a while, tried again and it worked for about 1 hr before it tripped again.  I was without air in the tanks so I got out the extension cords and plugged them into a different circuit then went to PayPal to send an invoice.  This morning is still won't reset.  I have a head scratcher going on.  But as warm is it is, and as long as the fish have air I have time to figure it out.

Then I went to PayPal so send an invoice and it wouldn't let me in.  I was too tired to figure it out last night but I got it done this morning.  I had to re-set every password on my computer.  That's what I get for ignoring the prompt saying that my settings were out of date.

I managed to get all the weeds pulled from the veggie garden yesterday before WC.  Now if I could only find my spading fork...It can wait.  I'll deal with the electricity problem first.

So far it seems that Barb is the only one whose day hasn't started off terrible.  I hope that Ron, at least if having a happy problem free day.
...I think you meant Willie!!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I did.  Please forgive me.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron