• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:42:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 158
Total: 159

Beautiful Sunday

Started by wsantia1, September 19, 2021, 10:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful day. The current  temp is 76 degrees and going up to 79F under a bright blue sky. Even better is that the humidity level is only 49% and we have a 7 to 10 mph breeze.

Because my back is all messed up again I can't do any work outside and I also need to leave the fishroom alone. I have no choice but to sit on my butt and enjoy it. At the moment I am pain free (drugs) but I know better than to do anything but put a roast pork loin in the oven.

I wish you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, good choice to sit and rest your back today, and longer if you need it.  Hopefully it will settle back down.  Good thing I am not bringing you angels this Tuesday, when I go to MD to visit my SIL.  You wouldn't want to make that drive now.  Funny how things work out isn't it?  My leg problem is acting up right now, my usually pain free life is not so pain free the last 2 days.  It is a chronic muscle thing I have had for 50 years, only in my right thigh muscles.  Comes and goes.  PT doesn't help. 

How are Liz and Ron today?  It is hot here but not too bad, and humidity is less.  But I sure look forward to cooler nights, only a couple about 2 weeks ago.  I know I will complain about cold weather when it gets here but now it seems nice to look forward to.  How is Kobe today?
Barb

wsantia1

Hey Barb. I have run my TENS unit a couple of times today. I find that it numbs up the area for a little while but I don't know how effective it will be long term. As for Kobe, he was fine last night but today he's had a couple of incidents but nothing like yesterday. I have some meds for him but it's a fight to get them in his stomach. Thanks for asking.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon folks.  Dang, everyone is suffering but me so far.  I sure hope that Ron is doing OK.  Willie, surely you'll get relief when you get the steroid shot.  It works way better for most folks than it did for me.  Barb is there not a drug that would help with your leg muscle problem?  What happens, does your muscle cramp up on you or what?  I've never had anything like that so I'm clueless on what to do.  I hope it goes soon and stays away for a very long time.

My back isn't bad which is the greatest blessing, but I've been having a big problem in the fish room.  My linear air pump from Jehmco seems to be giving up the ghost.  I've checked everything and nothing is wrong with my air plumbing.  Nothing is leaking.  It just has to be the pump itself.  The good part of this is that I spent the entire morning bending down and reaching up and getting up and down a million times on my step ladder that I got totally absorbed in my work and totally forgot about my back.  I didn't feel pain until I solved the problem in my mind and quit working.  Then it started hurting again and I realized that I was an hour late taking my gabapentin and Tramadol. 

The bad part of all this is that I decided that I had no choice but to buy another air pump.  I ordered a larger pump of the same type that will run 60 to 80 outlets since in addition to my dyeing pump I'm using 2 other cheap used Medo pumps on other tanks.  I emailed Jehmco with my order.  The pump I want cost more than a visit to the pain doctor.  Oh well, fish first money second...I'm crazy, I know.

I think I'll sit outside under the overcast sky, feed the chickens their daily treat and enjoy nature.  I'll check in later to see if Ron has stopped by.

Willie, I just saw that you posted while I was writing.  IMO you're right about the tens unit.  I had to quit using it because although it felt good to my back it irritated my stenosis at the same time.  Is Koby one of those dogs that won't take pills in a treat?  I have one of those but for some reason he's fine with me opening his mouth and shoving the pill down his gullet. I always make a big fuss over him and tell him what a good smart boy he is.  (In reality he's dumb as a stump)  He just likes me pretending that he's the smartest dog in the world.  He's not smart enough to know that I'm telling him a lie.  He just likes feeling special.  Tink reminds me if I'm late giving her her heart meds twice a day.  She takes 4 pills twice a day in peanut butter.  I hope you can find an easier way to get meds down Kobi.  At least he's doing better.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello friends....

Things are quiet here at Jen's today...her 50th bday party yesterday went really well...30 or so ppl here for it, many which we have not seem for a long time...some we didn't know😁

I've been catching up on posts since my visit on here...I guess we're all doing about the same except for Barb having the muscle pain...sure hope all of you get better...

I'm ready to be home in the warm weather...I know that the 60s is not really cold, but it's relative, folks😉... plus's the chairs where we're staying and at Jen's home don't let me get comfortable with my back...

I talked to Stan and my fish and plants are fine....looking forward to seeing my little buddies...and Stan too!

Our flight leaves at 9 tonight and arrives at 12...I'll be bushed😂😂😂...

Carry on folks! ...and happy aquariuming!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It will be good to have you back home, Ron.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 19, 2021, 04:27:20 PM
Hello friends....

Things are quiet here at Jen's today...her 50th bday party yesterday went really well...30 or so ppl here for it, many which we have not seem for a long time...some we didn't know😁

I've been catching up on posts since my visit on here...I guess we're all doing about the same except for Barb having the muscle pain...sure hope all of you get better...

I'm ready to be home in the warm weather...I know that the 60s is not really cold, but it's relative, folks😉... plus's the chairs where we're staying and at Jen's home don't let me get comfortable with my back...

I talked to Stan and my fish and plants are fine....looking forward to seeing my little buddies...and Stan too!

Our flight leaves at 9 tonight and arrives at 12...I'll be bushed😂😂😂...

Carry on folks! ...and happy aquariuming!...

Have a great flight home Ron.
Willie