• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:18:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Fire Red Shrimp

Started by wsantia1, August 11, 2021, 04:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

A couple of months ago I won an auction on Band for some "Fire Red" shrimp. When I got them I thought they looked more like Bloody Mary shrimp but I didn't complain because I was looking for BMs also.

Fast forward to now and these shrimp have spawned blues, red rilis and some colorless shrimp so I am not sure what I have.

I won't mix any of these with my other tanks so what I will probably do is pull out the reddest ones out and start a new tank from them.

The numbers are not very high yet because they were very yound when I got them. But I see some berried so the population will explode soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 11, 2021, 04:39:58 PM
A couple of months ago I won an auction on Band for some "Fire Red" shrimp. When I got them I thought they looked more like Bloody Mary shrimp but I didn't complain because I was looking for BMs also.

Fast forward to now and these shrimp have spawned blues, red rilis and some colorless shrimp so I am not sure what I have.

I won't mix any of these with my other tanks so what I will probably do is pull out the reddest ones out and start a new tank from them.

The numbers are not very high yet because they were very when I got them. But I see some berried so the population will explode soon.
...so the seller did not say they were breeding true I suppose...s/he just pulled out the reds, blues, etc and sold them off in separate color groups....the dawg!...Now you have to develop the strains you want...lots of culling!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Yeah, that's about as close to being dishonest anyone can get before becoming a liar.  Not good!
Always move forward. Never look back.