• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

Back to work Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, September 20, 2021, 12:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi fellow Mug friends.  The weather man does nothing but lie lately.  They were saying near constant rain until the 23rd and although we have had rain we've had more of no rain which is fine with me.

I've been productive today.  Got my box of fish sent off, went to the hardware store to pick up parts to hook up my ancient Medo pump so I can take the a lot of work off my dying air pump until my new expensive pump gets here.  Went to the dollar store for canning jars and the feed store for a bag of cottonseed meal that I'll use as fertilizer for my fall garden. I also made appointments for 2 dogs.  One for tomorrow and one for Wednesday.  Then I'll see how I feel before I take more. 

I'm going down to the fish room now to give the fish the air they need to survive.  I hate it when important things fail.  At least I'm resourceful and can always find a way to make things work.  Hope everyone if feeling better today and can have some fun.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

What a relief.  My fish finally have an abundance of air and filtration.  That ancient Medo pump that I bought used on ebay a million years ago for $50. is now servicing 29 air outlets with ease.  The dyeing pump is only running 9 now.  I wish I had some idea why my expensive one from Jehmco started to die on me.  It's basically the same linear pump but the expensive one has 2 Medo's in it and it's only 13 years old.

I think I'll take a bit of a break, have a beer and watch the silly chickens eat their (almost) daily treat.  Then I need to get the house looking more presentable for the grooming customer coming tomorrow.

Willie, how's Kobi doing today?

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. Liz Kobe is doing ok today. No accidents and no limping. He's still sleeping a lot but is overall more active. Thanks for asking.

Another nice day here with the current temp at 78 degrees. That is supposed to be our high for the day. It is quite breezy with the winds blowing at 14 mph and there is no rain in sight.

I've been taking it easy today. I hooked up to my TENS machine a couple of times today and it gives me temporary relief. My machine that I got free through Medicare (I sent the Amazon one back) has a lot of different settings that I need to explore but for the time being I am using the setting that my physical therapist set it up for. I'm hoping that by tomorrow I can do some physical things.

Wishing you all an great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, all is OK here, but a few things to be concerned about popped up.  My trip to MD is canceled due to a family illness up there, and my mom is showing some new signs of possible health trouble ahead for her.  Nothing I care to talk about here though.  I have been busy all day but nothing very interesting.  Just work.  Hope you two have a pleasant  evening.
Barb

LizStreithorst

How's you're muscle thing, Barb?

Barb

Not too bad Liz.  Thanks for thinking of  me.