• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 162
Total: 163

Big Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, September 16, 2021, 02:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've been looking forward to today for 2 weeks.  It is nerve burning day.  I did very well.  My Doctor said that I was a great patient.  When I got home I got a lovely note from my nice customers with the Wheaton Scotty.  They knew that my procedure was today and timed the arrival of the note.  The almost pain free condition of my back made me happy.  And the kind note from a dog grooming customer of all things made me feel like someone cares about me. 

Then I called Barb and she, with her practical mind told me things she knew from Bill having had the same procedure many times.  She's always a great help.  She's good at the stuff that I suck at.  I'm lucky to have her as a friend.

The doctor said that the lidocaine he used to numb me up will be wearing off about now and I will be sore for about 5 days.  That's OK with me.  There's a big difference between sore and chronic back pain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz we here at Mugs all care about you!  Glad the procedure went well and hope for a long bout of no pain.  BUT don't go out be super woman just because you have less/no pain.  You could make your back worse, you know that.  I hope the Dr. told you that also.  Just take it easy for awhile.   Hi Willie and Ron!  Guess what, awhile ago I got a surprise 4 min. downpour.  It filled up my rain barrel again, and the garden got some badly needed water.  Hot and sunny again now of course.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks Barb.  I had to learn the hard way that playing pretend I'm Wonder Woman only serves to make me worse.  Congrats on the rain!  It didn't rain here all day.  The sun even came out!  It's coming down pretty good now and my yard will be come a lake and a creek and the entrance to Charlotte's shed will be muck.  I can deal with that.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hello Liz and Barb and everyone. Liz I am happy for you that you got the nerve block done. Like Barb said, we all care about you here but please try to take it easy for a few days. Barb I am very happy that you finally got some rain. We got rain overnight and it looks like we will be getting more soon.

I am just getting back from a luncheon with some of my ex coworkers. It was so much fun getting together and catching up with each other. We were having these lunches once a year but because of Covid we missed 2020.

I am the youngest of the group at 67 and while I am just starting to fall apart some of these guys have much more serious stuff going on with them including a heart attack, a stroke and a couple of them had prostate cancer so I am pretty healthy compared to them. Overall they looked good despite all of their issues. I had a great time.

Now I have to get downstairs and get with my fishroom routine. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi all y'all!...

Good to see everyone is still kicking and doing okay...Liz,I hope you have a lot of success with the ablation...and, Willie, with your shot...Barb, I hope you manage to continue staying well...

I'm just going with the flow here, doing what I can to help, but mostly just staying out of the way...the weather is rainy some and sunny some but definitely much cooler than at home...don't like it much...there's a 90% chance of rain on Saturday which is when Jen's  birthday party happens...it was planned for outdoors, but is now going to be an indoor event...it will be crowded so I may find a place to tuck into and hide...

Covid restrictions are tighter here than Az...masks required inside all public places...

Yes...someone mentioned that I'm probably more active here than I should , or something like that...well , you are right...the back pain is constant now and sleeping is so disrupted...I feel like I'm regressing in my rehab...however I'm able to walk up and down stairs now...some...I'll be so happy to get home to see my doc and get moving with checking out my sacroiliac joint that I think is causing the pain....

I have been successful with confirming our speaker for our November meeting...it's Dean Tweeddale from the Seattle area...he's a master breeder and you may have seen him on some of Cory's Aquarium Co-op's YouTube videos...I also have several speakers already lined up for next year's programs...and got everything squared away for our swap meet Oct 3... |^| |^| |^|

You guys take care and happy aquariuming!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Ron. Glad to hear that you getting up and down the stair okay. You have got yourself a great speaker for your club meeting. I am very familiar with him from the Aquarium Coops you tube videos and he does his own stuff on Instagram.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 16, 2021, 07:03:02 PM
Hey Ron. Glad to hear that you getting up and down the stair okay. You have got yourself a great speaker for your club meeting. I am very familiar with him from the Aquarium Coops you tube videos and he does his own stuff on Instagram.
....he came to a few of our swaps I hosted in Seattle...a good guy!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron