• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 138
Total: 139

The real Wednesday

Started by Barb, September 15, 2021, 06:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks, how is the rain Liz? Sure is hanging around a long time, hope all you have is soggy soil?  Willie, any rain up your way?  None here, yet.  Wish I just have cactus right now.  I plan some yardwork today, will tell you about it later on. It is the big job that I need help with.

Fish are all fine, just put my yellow shrimp into my new plant tank.  The blues are still in their own little tank.  So far, I can tell that shrimp don't like the water here. Maybe the plant tank which is 50/50 tap to rain, will help them. I had thought shrimp would like the hard alk, water I have.  Apparently not though.

You all have a good day!

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb.  The real rain (not light drizzle) came in sometime during the night.  I remember waking up and hearing the nice sound of steady gentle rain.  I just checked the weather and they say it will rain on and off, mostly on, until the 24th.  At least it's all supposed to be gentle rain. 

I don't have anything to do today other than clean house.  No way I'll mop with the dogs going in and out all day long tracking in with their wet sandy feet.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.  Barb, I'll send the rain to you once I'm done with it.  Don't kill yourself digging this bone dry rock hard soil.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and Liz and everyone. It's going up to 88 degrees this afternoon with plenty of sunshine to go around. The good news is that a cold front moves in from the west tonight bringing with it Thorms and scattered showers through Saturday.

I've got plenty of yardwork to do but with my allergies I'm thinking of putting it off until it gets cold. This means that my front yard will look a little funky for a while. I'm kind of thinking that the landscapers are supposed to clean a lot of the dead stuff up but I'm not sure about that.

I just finished Kobe's bath and after having some breakfast and another cup of coffee I'll head on downstairs to do my water changes.

I am happy to report that Kobe is a little livelier today. When we walked in the park this morning we ran into a young female Doberman that he is in love with and he dragged me all the way around the park trying to keep up with her. We haven't moved that fast since the spring.  |^| |^| |^|

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

While I'll be a son of a gun!  At 11:45 I put up an auction for 8 more rams and it sold just now, less than 2 hrs later.  Thats a new record for me.  The guy who bought them has purchased Rams from me before and has also purchased Rams several times from CoralBandit, the guy I got my start from.  I imagine that he chooses males and females and sells them as pairs and makes more money on them.  I have quit selling pairs for now.  I'm uncomfortable selling pairs unless I see that they've produced wigglers.  But once I see wigglers and the parents take care of them, when I do sell them I ask a pretty penny.

LizStreithorst

Another up-date to the real Wet Wednesday.  The rain let up to an almost misty drizzle so I stomped out to the veggie garden to see if I could pull weeds.  I pulled a ton of tough ones without much effort or more.  I did a good bit of pulling but quit before pushing myself too hard since I still have WC to do.  What I am sure of is that I will be able to make the soil friable enough to plant a winter plot without killing myself.