• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:35:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 139
Total: 140

Fun Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, September 17, 2021, 11:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good Friday morning friends.  Today I'm testing my back.  As the doctor told me I'm not as good as new but I feel a lot better than I did. 

It isn't raining here as much as they predicted but we will still have rain every day for many days.  It was supposed to rain all night but it didn't and it still hasn't.

I did a load of laundry but it's too humid to dry outside so I had to put it in the dryer.  I much prefer to have my laundry smell like the out of doors, but in wet times and during the winter the thing is a blessing.  I found out when my old dryer quit and I was too broke to buy another that it takes 3 full days of dry weather for laundry to dry outside.  I will never again be without one even if I have to sell my soul (can't sell my body at this age.  All I have left to sell is my soul).

I pulled a bunch of weeds and old tomato plants in the garden.  The poor old 'mater plants were putting out new growth and wanted to start making 'maters again but it's too late in the season for plants planted in the Spring.  My pot plant is still trying to make little buds but it's old too.  Besides I'm sick of working with cannabis.  The base of the plant is so thick and the roots so deep that I will have to lop it off at the top and let the roots decompose in the soil, which in a way is better than digging it up.  I didn't do a whole lot because I know I shouldn't.  But slow and regular gets it done in the long run.  I'll let you know when I get to planting.

I hope that every one of y'all have a lovely Friday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I'm just getting back home from my final PT session until shot day. I am glad that it is over because it hasn't been as helpful for me as I would have liked.

It is a pretty damp day here the temp at 80 degrees and the humidity level at 85%. We will be getting on and off storms for the rest of the day.

I was doing water changes but had to stop to go for PT. I'm am now on my way to complete the job. have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, when in October is your shot.  I sure hope it helps you.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 17, 2021, 01:38:22 PM
Willie, when in October is your shot.  I sure hope it helps you.

Liz, it's on October 8th. Thanks
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'll have my fingers crossed.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, I have been working on a new batch of Discus cones most of the day.  Still a couple more hours of work to finish the 22 of them.  In a couple weeks I will make the 2nd batch.  Then no more until maybe Spring.  I am really retired from cone making but so many people want them I make them when I can.

I am enjoying watching my "lawn" turn brown and yellow as the Roundup does it's work.  In about 2 weeks, maybe less, I will have a truckload of good topsoil dumped on it and have my lawn boy spread it out.  He is a 17 yr. old real good kid, lives down the street from me.  He has a very successful lawn mowing business here and bought himself a nice pickup and good quality equipment with his earnings.  He is a senior.

You all have a good day and I hope you both get pain relief asap.  Take care of yourselves well,
Barb