• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

Pundamilia Nyererei Surprise

Started by wsantia1, September 12, 2021, 10:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

A few weeks ago I got some of these at the club auction for 5 bucks and with nowhere to really put them I just dumped into a 29 gallon tank until I could set up a tank with the ideal water parameters. I really didn't finish setting up that tank (55 gallon) until yesterday and today was moving day.

The first fish that I transferred was a female carrying a brood in her mouth. What I thought was fish tank debris in the net was in fact a whole bunch of good sized fry. They scattered all around around but a few got sucked up by the filter. At this point I'm assuming that the rest have gotten into the rockwork that I set up for them.

We will see if I have any juveniles emerging from the rockwork in the coming days/weeks. I'm sure the fry will hide out until they feel that it is safe to come out in the open area.

We keep you posted.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Congrats on the surprise spawn, Willie.  Pundamilia Nyererei are very beautiful fish. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 12, 2021, 10:37:08 AM
Congrats on the surprise spawn, Willie.  Pundamilia Nyererei are very beautiful fish.

Thanks Liz. Hopefully I can get these things going.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.