• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Fabulous Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, September 10, 2021, 10:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning fellow 'wumpers.  It is indeed a beautiful day.  It's cool and delightful without a cloud in the sky.  It was actually a bit chilly when I got out of bed this morning.  It was cool enough that one of my Moonflowers was still in full bloom at 7:30 this morning!

Today I will be totally domestic.  I promise that I really will make brownies today.  I really did give it my best try yesterday and and despite the fish shipping, grocery shopping, and chatting with my neighbor for too long I got a lot done.  I just ran out of gas after WC as usual :( 

My kidney beans have soaked overnight and I have all I need to make a big pot of Cajun red beans and rice with spicy Cajun sausage.  Next will be the brownies.

I went out this morning to pick one of the green peppers from my plan for the beans.  When I checked number 2 pot plant it will be ready to harvest tomorrow or Sunday.  That means several days trimming buds.  At least this plant will be easier because all the buds are big long ones rather than little ones that take more time.  I have no clue where I will hang them to dry even though I've been thinking about it for days.  At any rate, if I'm going to clean house today might be my last chance for days.

I'm going to get cooking now.  Hope you all have a good day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. It is going to be a beautiful here with temps getting no higher than 73 degrees under sunny skies. It is breezy so it will feel less than 73F.

Not much on the agenda for the rest of the day but I did go to PT this morning. I actually finished up PT faster than usual because I didn't wait on them to tell me what to do. I did pretty good without their help so that means I can probably keep up with the routines on my own.

I need to get my butt in gear now because I know that there is something in the fish room that I should be doing.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, not much going on here of interest. But the weather is really nice today, best in many months.  I just hope it lasts and doesn t go back to the 90's and humid.  I am taking a different ferry ride tomorrow which ends in a small very historic town, Bath, the first state capitol of NC.  Very long ago.  It was also one of Blackbeard's homes, he had a teenage wife there.  I plan to walk around the town and see the sights when I get off the ferry.

Liz my moonflower plants just grew leaves no blooms. What did I do wrong?  I think it is way too late  now for them?  You all have a good weekend!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Well, it's about time you showed up.  If you had missed another day I'd have been on the phone to you.  Of course I'm no one to throw stones.  I miss a day once in a while, too.

I have no idea what you did wrong unless you fertilized them with a high nitrogen fertilizer.  Moonflowers are in the same family as morning glories.  They don't care much about the soil what they want is lots of sun.  I just stuck them in the ground on unprepared dirt in front of the fence with Wire weed growing behind the fence.  I think they do better without being babied.  I'm sorry, though.  You'd have fallen in love with that flower like I did.

The brownies are on a cooling rack.  They've almost reached room temperature and I've kept myself from nibbling at the edges like I generally do.  The beans are beautiful and tender they have been simmering down with their aromatics for 2 1/2 hrs  I don't know if Ill even have to use the stick blender to mash some of the beans up.  I just added salt and the flavor is over the top.  Just this moment I added the browned Cajun sausage.  This beans and rice will be memorable,  I have no clue what I did right.

I haven't even gotten around to sweeping and mopping.  Isn't that pitiful.  My customer with the 2 Bichons called for an appointment.  I finally got this woman to bring the dogs every 6 weeks.  I told her that I wasn't able to do any grooming at all now and told her to call me back once my nerves got burned on Thursday.  The first time she has ever done as she was told and I had to put her off.  It's such a beatuiful day and I have spinach, carrot, and radish seeds and I have no idea when I'll getting around to getting them in the ground.

Always move forward. Never look back.