• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:07:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 148
Total: 149

9-11 Saturday

Started by wsantia1, September 11, 2021, 12:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today is the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers, The Pentagon and Stoneycreek Township in Pennsylvania.

I was working at Reagan National airport about 2 miles away from the Pentagon. I just happened to be on relocation leave that day and was settling into my new home in the DC suburbs. I went back to work the following day because of an emergency meeting and that Thursday 9/13 my wife and I were already driving back to NYC to be with the family.

Today here in Delaware it's been a mostly quiet sunny day with a high temp of 78 degrees and decent breeze gusting up to 18 mph.

I've been putzing around in the fishroom trying to organize things but it seems like the more I do the more I have to do. I am at a point now where I need to start throwing a few things out. huh

Wishing you all have as good a day as possible.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon, Willie and Barb later on and maybe Ron it he has time to check in.  It's 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my bed clothes.  I have been working, though.  I been trimming and jarring my Buds.  I'm finished with pant #1 and ended up with over 1/2 lb. of closely trimmed cannabis.  Does anyone have an idea of what pot sells for where you live?  I'm just curious.

Gotta get dressed now and make a beer run.  Not sure what I'll do with the rest of the day but I have lots to choose from.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz, I had to get away from the TV today so I drove to and rode a new to me ferry boat today.  On a scale of 1-10 this trip, 7 hrs. was an 11.  I was involved with 9/11 and saw the pentagon still burning and smoking plus the white house in total darkness as a helicopter with a powerful spotlight hovered over the white house as it searched the dark grounds for trouble.  This was all about midnight the day of the terror.  I was taking my brother back home from his museum trip from DC to Atlanta.  He was in the air as the planes hit, could not get back home, no planes, trains, rental cars or any transportation available at all.  So he found a bus out of Atlanta, last seat, and rode it for hours to get to me in NC late that night.  I met him at the bus depot in my city and drove him back to DC, we got there about 1am.  I spent that night at his house, then at 7am we got up and I took him to the Smithsonian where he worked, it took 2 hrs to drive from Gaithersburg to DC, normally less than 1 hr.  He wanted to go in. then I drove back to NC.  Totally exhausted and sick since he had been sick when I picked him up and I got it fast.  David died 7 years later, from cancer, he was at the sight in NJ where the wreckage from ground zero was sent, he was there several times collecting items for the 9/11 display at his museum, the National Museum of American History, the one closest to the Washington monument.  He also had been to New Orleans collecting things from Hurricane Katrina for the museum.  No gloves or mask, he was a former Marine too.  Today is bringing back so many sad and distressful memories for me....
And the way thing are going in our country now, you can imagine what I am thinking....
Barb

Liz, pot is illegal here in NC, and will stay so I think.