• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

Shipping Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, September 09, 2021, 08:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning all.  I finally get to ship the rams I'd hoped to send out Monday.  Now I get to put up another auction.  I only have 3 more groups of these to ship.  I hope the pain doc can make me able to groom dogs again.  I need some way to make a little extra money.

Yesterday I never did get around to making the brownies.  I got into trimming pot again.  I only have 12 stems hanging to dry with leaves and I'm not even going to let myself look at them for a while.  Today I will be domestic.  One load of laundry already hung out to dry and the second is in the washer.  I never made it to the supermarket yesterday but I'll go today after I take my box to the PO.  I have the kitchen to clean pre brownie making, then house cleaning.  That plus evening WC will be plenty for the day.

Hope everyone here is feeling well and has a happy day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Liz...and Barb & Willie later on!...

Heading out to the surgeon to get exam on my knee...hope it's a good report...!

Later on - WC on the tetra tank and refill the RO reserve to top off rest of tanks tomorrow before we leave... I really shouldn't be going on this trip but I don't want to miss stepdaughter's birthday...and going to see granddaughter picking out wedding dress...I didn't realize that was such a big thing, but I guess the TV shows have put it out there!...

So it's going to be 106 today...and for the next 10 days. ...and in Tacoma it's gonna be in the low 70s and dropping into mid 60s...we're gonna freeze!  |brr| Went shopping the other night for some long sleeve shirts and long casual pants...  ;D

I'll be taking my iPad, so hope to get to keep up with you guys...

So for today...happy aquariuming!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm finally back from shipping and doing shopping chores.  I had to run to the Dollar Store first because I was out of zip ties and that took some time.  The supermarket had almost nothing.  I've been wanting to make a recipe that calls for mushrooms for 2 weeks and mushrooms are nowhere to be found!  When I checked out they had a young boy working one register.  He was very unsure of himself.  Who knows where they grabbed him from to give him that job.  I checked out in the other line with the girl I generally see working in the office.  I told her that I don't usually see her working check out.  She said, "We ain't got no employees" and I answered "You ain't got no stuff either.  What's up with that?"  Apparently due to the mess from the hurricane in Louisiana they don't have enough trucks to deliver all the produce and other things they get from down there.  I never thought that I'd see that here in the United States.

I saw my neighbor Jack spreading corn for the wild birds and squirrels so I stopped by for a visit.  We chatted for a long time mostly stories from the past, but some from the present.

I won't get to brownies.  I'll try later but I think I won't have the energy.  First I need to make the meal of the day https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a28626172/how-to-cook-boneless-chicken-thigh-oven-recipe/  The thighs were marinated over night and are coming to room temp now.  After I eat I may have to have a nap before I do WC and after WC I'm generally not good for much.  Not complaining.  I'm just always surprised that my live has become so limited.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz, Ron Barn and everyone. It's been raining most of the day but now the rain has moved out over the Atlantic so we finally get some relief. It is still cloudy and the we are at our high temp of 73 degrees.

I've been working on rearranging my fishroom so that at least it looks presentable. In doing so I was able to empty out a couple of tanks.

I sold a pair of Koi Angles (not Jon's) at a discount this morning because the male stopped fertilizing the eggs. The customer ( a friend) knew that but bought them anyway. Maybe a change of scenery will get this male started again.

Ron, wishing you a great trip and I am also wishing everyone a great day
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.