• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

Monday Labor Day

Started by LizStreithorst, September 06, 2021, 10:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  It's overcast here and it's supposed to rain later.  I'm back to my laboring over Marijuana buds.  I may have oversold the amount I said I'd harvest to you.  There is just so much waste.  The smaller plant that isn't quite ready for harvest looks mold free.

Regardless of the tedium involved in this labor it's necessary and I can do it sitting down which is great for my aching back.

Willie, I imagine you'll be checking in soon with an update on your fry.  An AB customer just sent me a pic of the proven pair I sent him with their new fry.  He actually counted the fry. 150 black and 150 gold. He had been trying for a year to have success with Pitch Blacks from another seller.  Shortly after I sent him the pair he had fry.  He's been in contact with me for a while now and all along I've given him suggestions. 

I figure that if Barb checks in it will be late and she'll be tired from the drive.

I guess Ron will be late too because he needs time to recover from their huge meeting.

Y'all have fun.  I'm back to laboring now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Fooled you, Liz!... I'm checking in early today!... ;D. I was tired, though, when I got home yesterday...still am a little today too...

The directors and chairs that stayed for the short post-meeting meeting determined we'd be better off having the swap meet in air conditioned space on October 3, rather than outdoors in the heat or in a hot warehouse... I got an email confirmation from the manager by the time I got home that we can have it in our regular meeting room which may push the limits on occupancy...But it's worth a try... |^|. This is not a fund raising event for our club...it is strictly for our dues paying members' benefit...

Not sure what all I'll be doing today...we're still keeping Stan's and Barbara's dog and cat til Wednesday...and we'll be leaving for Seattle area Friday for daughter's 50th bday the following weekend...meanwhile there is wedding dress shopping for the granddaughter through the week...welcome home the 20th...

I guess that's all for now!...happy aquariuming! :D :D :D

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I actually posted on an earlier threat but I'll delete that w. Good morning everyone. It is a beautiful day here in Delaware with the current temp at 81 degrees and going up to 83F under sunny skies and only 57% humidity.

I'm working in the fishroom once again. I checked on my Black Ram fry and was able to feed them some microworms to start the morning. Around 11:00 am I fed some freshly hatched bbs. I only fed a little bit because I spent the previous hour cleaning the bottom of the tank.

There is still more work to do but it's been quite an improvement. I am making a run down to Dover to pick up a rack from Lowe's. It will be great for some of my smaller tanks but it can handle up to 350 Lbs. per shelf and it's all chrome plated steel.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll see you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, it was a busy traveling day yesterday and I had a great time.  Visited my daughter Diane and her hub Matt.  Had a fabulous Mediterranean lunch at a local place in Chapel Hill near the campus.  theplace was packed.'

As you all have more and more fish, especially fry, here I am cutting down.  After 50 years of fishkeeping I am ready to cut way back. I will always have discus and Endlers, maybe angels again sometime.  And goldfish in my pond.  But this is about all the fish I want anymore.  Getting ready tomorrow to turn my 65 gal tank into a heavily planted tank, thanks Ron, and will have only Lime Green Endlers in there, maybe yellow shrimp too.  Will take pics when finished.

I am off to dinner now at a place I like nearby.  My, myself and I.
Barb

wsantia1

I'm back from Lowe's with the rack but it has lousy assembly instructions so I had to watch a couple of you tube videos to figure out what to do.

Liz, unlike your customer I didn't get 300 fry. Maybe about 200 if I'm lucky. The female is young so as she gets bigger maybe she'll produce more.

I just finished doing a whole tank wipe down on the fry tank. I'm surprised that I didn't crush any fry. I definitely needed to get do this since I was having trouble seeing the fry on the bottom of the tank during cleanup.

I used one of those generic "Mr. Clean sponges" (melamine sponges). The ones that don't contain any chemicals.

Have a great dinner Barb. I made some garlic butter shrimp for dinner and bacon tater tots that I got already cooked from the local supermarket (Food Lion).
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.