• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 158
Total: 160

Friday First Here

Started by Barb, September 03, 2021, 07:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, it is a very nice morning today, coolish for the first time since last May.  Blue sky with not a single cloud.  I even opened windows and have a cat sitting in each one I opened, 4 of them.  Maybe I can get some backyard work in today, especially watering, still dry here.  The 10 min. of rain the other day is long gone.  Hope you all have a good day, and upcoming weekend.  I will be gone all Sunday to visit my daughter and SIL.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I woke up to 57 degrees this morning and we are currently at 64 degrees under beautiful a blue sky. Our high temp today will be 75F.

I didn't get much work done yesterday because I was lazy and not feeling great. I feel a little better now and have a whole lot of work to do so I need to get my butt in gear. huh

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hello to the first Friday lady and the first Friday gentleman.  Slow poke on different time zone will be on later.

I couldn't believe how whupped I was yesterday after doing 2 dogs.  I was so exhausted that I couldn't even manage WC.  I looked at the tanks and there was only the 5 gallon snail grow out tank that was desperately in need so I did that one then fell into bed even before the moonflowers started blooming.  Woke up at 11:30 made myself get up and slug down my night time pain meds then fell back into bed and conked back out till 7 this morning.

I feel much better today but I'm still going to take it easy and do as much sitting work as I can.  My big marijuana is getting ready for harvest.  A few branches are already ready so I'll snip them off and trim them then hang them to dry.  I do need to run to the Corner Market some time today.  I had planned to go yesterday but didn't have the energy.

It's less humid here today but still hot.  It's getting cooler at night though which means that I can leave the door open for the dogs.  Hope all my friends here have a lovely day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Trimming cannabis gives new meaning to having sticky fingers :P  I will have one hell of a harvest this year.  Way more than I'll be able to smoke up myself in a year's time.  Last year was good, but not as good.  If anyone wants to come visit I can send you back home with a quart jar of buds.  I love being able to give my friends a gift from my garden.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 03, 2021, 11:04:16 AM
Hello to the first Friday lady and the first Friday gentleman.  Slow poke on different time zone will be on later.

HEY! ...I resemble that remark...! :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 03, 2021, 01:37:07 PM
Trimming cannabis gives new meaning to having sticky fingers :P  I will have one hell of a harvest this year.  Way more than I'll be able to smoke up myself in a year's time.  Last year was good, but not as good.  If anyone wants to come visit I can send you back home with a quart jar of buds.  I love being able to give my friends a gift from my garden.

That sounds like a great offer Liz. Nothing beats an outdoor garden. I'm still playing with an almost year old harvest of an indoor grow but it can't beat a good outdoor grow.
Willie

Ron Sower

Ok, Liz...so I'm in a different time zone...and I sleep late...! You still love me and you know it! :-* ...

Actually this morning I got up at 8:45 and had to hurry (my mornings are usually slow going)...I had arranged my tank maintenance job for today since yesterday was so clogged with places to go... It went well...I finally used my new Python I bought for this job to drain and refill...no buckets since I didn't have Stan with me...now I just finished pulling plants for eBay guy...he comes tonight...

We're keeping Stan's and Barbara's dog and cat while they're visiting relatives in Seattle area...Sofie (dog) sleeps in Lucy's room and snores a lot and loud! ;D...I have the cat (Maggie) in my room...She doesn't snore!... |^| she's usually on the bed with me while I watch TV and i pet her a lot...then she goes down under the bed for the night, coming up once in a while to wake me and get some more petting!!!... 8)...I love it...I really miss having a cat, but Lucy is allergic to their dander...Sofie requires twice a day treatments for her eyes...drops from 3 different tubes of ointments...I do that and Lucy feeds her and we share the walking duties...then in the evening we go over to their house and feed fish and fertilize plants...I'm glad we can do this for them because we travel more and they always take good care of our fish...

Our assistant park manager is leaving today and there is a little going away party for her at 3 today, so we're gonna go say goodbye and have a little bit of cake...she's been a good one, but found a lot better job with better pay and opportunity to advance |^|, so we're happy for her...

I guess that's all for now...Happy aquariuming, folks!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...you think I could get that back while flying Southwest Airlines???... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Unless I'm mistaken, Southwest services Jackson International airport.  The airport in Biloxi might, too.  Both are about 1 1/2 hrs by car.  I could pick you up if you arrive during the day.  We also have a little airport PIB that you might be able to fly into.  It's just down the road from me so picking you up would be a piece of cake.

So yes, I do love you.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 03, 2021, 03:41:17 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Southwest services Jackson International airport.  The airport in Biloxi might, too.  Both are about 1 1/2 hrs by car.  I could pick you up if you arrive during the day.  We also have a little airport PIB that you might be able to fly into.  It's just down the road from me so picking you up would be a piece of cake.

So yes, I do love you.
;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 03, 2021, 02:33:07 PM

That sounds like a great offer Liz. Nothing beats an outdoor garden. I'm still playing with an almost year old harvest of an indoor grow but it can't beat a good outdoor grow.

Willie, if the size of the plant is an issue for you there is a strain that grows fast and matures when it's still small regardless of whether the days are getting shorter or not.   I tried it and it's good but the harvest is not huge like it is in a plant the size of a Christmas tree.  Let me know if you want to know about where to get seeds for the fast growing one.  I'll look it up for you.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 03, 2021, 06:18:32 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 03, 2021, 02:33:07 PM

Willie, if the size of the plant is an issue for you there is a strain that grows fast and matures when it's still small regardless of whether the days are getting shorter or not.   I tried it and it's good but the harvest is not huge like it is in a plant the size of a Christmas tree.  Let me know if you want to know about where to get seeds for the fast growing one.  I'll look it up for you.

Is that the type called auto flowering?
Willie

LizStreithorst

Yes, seeds are available but they cost more than seeds that grow "Christmas tree" size plants.