• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 10:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 155
Total: 156

Monday Monday

Started by Barb, July 26, 2021, 10:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Mug's  folks!  I was just thinking that Jon would sure be happy that a few of us are carrying on his much-enjoyed forum.  Thanks to Dennis of course!  We are a very small place but our friendships are not small.  You all agree?

Very hot here today but I do see some dark clouds coming in, hoping for some rain.  Glad to hear Ron and Lucy got some too.  How about Willie and Liz?  No smoke in the air here for several days, must depend on the jet stream and it's route?

Have a good day,
Barb

LizStreithorst

So tell us your ferry ride, Barb.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as you expected you would.

I was smart and did nothing physical yesterday and the day before.  I was saving myself for the Scotty I had decided to groom.  I love these folks and not just because they over tip.  When I called yesterday and asked if I could put their appointment off for an hour so I could go to Hattiesburg and pick up Tink's Lasix they offered to pick it up for me.  Since they live in Hattiesburg they're not as far as I am from my veterinarian. 

The wife stayed inside and I showed her the fine points of Scotty grooming.  They've always said that they didn't know what they'd do when I had to stop grooming for good.  I'd been telling them that their choice was to drive to Jackson or learn to do it themselves.  I had fun teaching and Mrs. Woodall was good at paying attention.  Next time I will have her do the easy parts and supervise.  We had a lovely time chatting about dogs and people we both know.  I won't tell you how much she over tipped, but she also gave me another baggie with Moonflower seeds, since I accidently Round-Up'd most of mine that came up.  If we have a late winter they will have time to grow to blooming size.

I had a great time but the endorphins are starting to wear off.  It'll be time to take my pain meds in 1/2 hr.  I think I'll sit outside in the shade a while,  It's hot as hell here and I believe the rain is mostly gone for a whilel.  Barb, it rained hard here every day for I don't know how long.  It's still not to hot and humid to sit out in the shade for a while and enjoy the natural world. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello!

No rain here today!...up to 96F right now with fluffy clouds in a beautiful blue sky! |^|

I'm waiting for time to leave for a visit with my pain doc...going to ask him about gabapentin for the sciatica...maybe he can help me get more rest...I swear that if it weren't for sciatic pain I would be doing much better....gotta have something to blame, right?...

Then later I'll go to PT...just got my cane in...maybe she'll let me start with it today...

Got a call from my eBay plant guy this morning...I think he's coming this pm to get plants...he'll be pulling them himself this time...

Barb..100% agree with you!...as long we don't mind sharing our personal lives with any other Mugger that drops in... :D :D

Not much else going on ATM...happy aquariuming folks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It's hot and dry here just like where all of you are at. They said that it rained last night but I couldn't tell because the ground was so dry.

This morning I went over the my doggie daycare/groomer to help them set up a 75G. The owner has been wanting to set up a tank for a while and one of her customers gave her a nice tank and stand because they are moving and didn't want to take it with him.

The only problem is that is was a salt water tank and we are converting it to a freshwater tank. It was surprisingly clean so I think it will not be a problem. There was no lifting involved for me an I basically just mentored her young employees. The tank will need to be leveled before we move forward however.

Hopefully everyone is having a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Way cool, Willie!!!.... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron