• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

Good Sunday Morning

Started by wsantia1, July 25, 2021, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I woke up well rested and feeling good so for the moment I am ready to get some things done.

The heat will be a factor on how much I can do outside because it will be getting up to 90 degrees with 78% humidity so it will be quite sticky. No problem, I have plenty of work to do inside including water changes.

We had a great club meeting I finally got my micro worms plus a bunch of assorted goodies that I won in the raffle.

I also picked up 6 Pundamilia Nyerertei which are home bred and endangered. They are a Lake Victoria cichlid and I basically got them for free from someone I sell Angels too. I never had Lake Victorians so that will be a new project. I also got a big bag of water sprite for 5 bucks.

Now that I have several new things going on in the fishroom I feel a bit more motivated about the hobby

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

WOW!  What a gorgeous fish!!!!  It that pic of your exact fish or from the most beautiful example of the fish on the the internet?  If my back starts feeling better I might be interested in a group of them once you have fry.

Sorry about not checking in yesterday.  I was feeling so exhausted from cleaning house and doing a little digging 2 days before that I was feeling sorry for myself and didn't want to post while I was in that mood.  I've feeling much better today after having spent most of yesterday either sitting or lying down in bed.

The Scotty customer I took for tomorrow made me promise to call her and let her now if I thought I would be unable to do it.  I'm torn...I know I could do it but I also know that I will pay dearly if I do.  I'll decide after a bit.  I'd like to wipe down my remaining kitchen cabinets with clorox spray and do a little more digging.  I'm afraid to tackle either but I'm going to get up my guts and do one.

Next time I see my doctor I'm going to tell him that I think my brain interprets pain differently from the way most people.  Yes, I do have some pain but mostly I feel exhausted rather than in pain.  I wonder what he might think of my theory.

Well, I think I'll head to the Dollar store down the road for more Clorox spray cleaner.  That's a start.

My new young pair of rams moved their wigglers to a new hiding spot yesterday.  I'm looking forward to them going free swimming.

Have a good day my friends. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz. That's a picture of what they are going to look like. The males look like that while the females are a little dull.

Of course I'll be happy to send some to you when they start  breeding.  I'm in the process of freeing up a 55G to put this colony in. I also have plenty of rocks for them so they should be comfortable enough to start spawning when they are ready.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thank you Willie.  Keep your fingers crossed that the pain doctor can fix me up for a while so I can start a new project.

An interesting thing happened when I got back from the Dollar Store.  A lady named Liz called me from Florida.  They are opening a new fish store and said they have a huge demand for Black Rams.  One of my AB customers sent her a pic of the ones he got from me.  She said that she wants to buy all the Black Rams I have and any I breed in the future.

I'm a little skeptical.  She's one of those folks who wears their religiosity as a badge that denotes their honesty.  I'm slightly leary of that type.  Of course she can't pay as much as I've been getting on AB because she is buying them for resale.  She wouldn't say but I figure she could go 10 bucks per fish.  But since I need the money and they've sold so well on AB I think I'll pass.  But I'll give it some thought.  I have about 50 rams of breeding age left. $500 dollars in one fell swoop is worth thinking about.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi you guys!...

Little sluggish getting going this morning...tad more pain than yesterday...probably due to more activity because I felt so good yesterday....Liz, there is a direct correlation between chronic pain and fatigue...I've been experiencing that for years...I don't have all the scientific evidence in front of me to support that, but it's a thing...

Willie...those are beautiful fish...we still have a 75g sitting empty in the game room that we bought to keep peacocks from Lake Tanganyika...i didn't want to get it started right before surgery and have issues to deal with while recuping...that species you have could go well with the peacocks...

You guys seem to be getting more and more into breeding different fish species...as I watch what you are doing, I'm thinking more about getting rid of one of my 125g tanks and setting up some breeding racks and join in there with you...

I hope Barb is having a good weekend...I forgot where she was going....

Our temps have been in the 70s the last couple days and just hit 80 now...still raining lightly...this is turning out to be a real monsoon season this year...

Take care all...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good afternoon, Willie, Liz, Ron and Dennis.   It is so hot here today, 95, I can't take it outside.  Have been helpoing my mom for almost 4 hrs. and I sure am glad to be back home and in AC.  I would like to be out in the yard, but way too hot.
rys
My ferry boat adventure yesterday went great  I was gone for 15 hrs,  but never got tired since I took naps on both ferrys.  Total of almost 5 hrs on 2 different ferrys.  As I told you, I just love being out on the ocean.  Had beach time too, it was lovely.

Willie, those new cichlids you just got are really beautiful!  Good luck with them.  I used to keep African cichlids, had ones from the 3 lakes (Malawi, Tanganyika and  Victoria). Really enjoyed them, and I had them in a large tank with lots of red lava rock, which I still have out in the yard.  I picked that rock up myself in Idaho, at a long ago volcano site, and brought it all home with me in a huge suitcase.  There were no extra fees for heavy bags back then. 
Barb