• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

Saturday - What a beautiful day!

Started by BallAquatics, July 24, 2021, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Morning folks.  It's going to be a beautiful day here in central Ohio.  I was up early and off to the local Lowes for some contact cleaner and some motor oil for one of the bikes.  It was a cool 68 at 6:00am and the roads were free of traffic as well as the stores empty of customers.

Already finished up service on the bike and now planning to service some stereo equipment.  I've got some vintage equipment that needs a bit of TLC.

Hope every one is feeling well and in high spirits.  Have a great day my fishy friends!

Dennis

wsantia1

Good morning Dennis and everyone. It is another beautiful day here with plenty of sunshine and high temps only getting to 85 degrees.

I have a club meeting starting at 12 noon. I haven't been to one since last year but I saw microworms on the auction sheet and I need some badly. I just hope that there is more than 1 batch so the bids don't get too high.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Howdy Gang!!...

Geesh, where did the last 2 days go?...I've been concentrating on exercising, walking and, not hurting!!!... I'm doing a lot more on my own now, so I'm up and down more which is a good thing...

Liz, I haven't had any discussion about gabapentin with any docs and I'm not sure why it hasn't come up in our appts...I have been reading about it after the substitute PT guy mentioned it to me as a nerve medication...so I guess I should bring it up in my post surgical meeting with the surgeon this Thursday!...

BtW, Liz...I've been thru all those steps you're going through right now several times over the past years...it's a bitch that it takes so long, but I've learned what they are looking for is that your condition is affecting your " normal" activities...that's when it is unsafe for you and others...scheduling later in the day is smart and you can give an honest answer... when they ask my pain level I always tell them my overall pain level because it's pretty much always higher than 5...Your guy gave good info...I had to figure it out on my own...

Lucy has begun planning Jen's 50th birthday party for September 18 in Tacoma...she does this kind of thing in a big fashion...as we go along, I hope to start getting some photos of the decorations to you...anyway, she's constantly showing me stuff on Pinterest from where she gets her ideas...then she morphs them to work for her...Hobby Lobby and Michael's always get a boost when Lucy gets going on a project!!! :D

I'm finally experiencing a true monsoon season since we've been down here...we've had wind and thunderstorms for last couple weeks...and constant cloud cover...last couple days we've had steady off and on rain through the day...the cacti flowers will bloom out soon and the desert will have beautiful color...and I hope I can get out there to see it in a day or so...

This morning as I walked by the door of my fish room I glanced in and saw one of my beautiful SAEs dead on the floor...guess I'm going to have to make or buy some covers for that tank...it bugs me to know the thing suffocated to death...I've really grown to love the SAEs and the Reticulated SAEs...they're almost always active, shoal together, and keep the BBA gone in my tanks...I think Stan is coming over this afternoon and we'll do some water changes and topping off...

We have a club meeting on the 3rd...I have let the board and chairs know that I'm not going to be able to manage all the prep that I normally do....so I asked one person to take the reins and all the others to work with him...I'm pleased with how they are going with it...this may sound arrogant, but I've considered this club to be my baby since in the beginning others invited me to become one of the founding leaders for a club different than any other in our area...developing a board that will function and keep the club going without me has been a major goal of mine...I'm thinking we are very  close to that point... |^|

Holy cows of India!!! ...I've really rambled!!!...happy aquariuming friends!!! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Please keep rambling,  friends (even good internet friends) are friends and want to hear what we all have going on when it's bad and when it's good.  I understand that you hadn't posted much because you were having a hard time.  You sound very optimistic today which means things are going better.  I hope you keep doing better every day.  I'm sorry about the death of your SAE.  I've had special fish commit suicide, I know how it feels.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 25, 2021, 01:51:50 PM
Please keep rambling,  friends (even good internet friends) are friends and want to hear what we all have going on when it's bad and when it's good.  I understand that you hadn't posted much because you were having a hard time.  You sound very optimistic today which means things are going better.  I hope you keep doing better every day.  I'm sorry about the death of your SAE.  I've had special fish commit suicide, I know how it feels.

Thank you, Liz!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron