• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

Friday greetings

Started by Barb, July 23, 2021, 06:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks, still smokey here, not much but just a light gray haze in the sky. I hear it may last a long time, those fires out west are so terrible and mostly uncontrolled.  Liz do you have it down south too?  Ron?  I know Willie has it too.

My pond is clear again, hope it lasts this time.  Tomorrow is a ferry boat day for me and the weather is to be very nice.  Hope you all have good weekends too.  Liz, it sounds like you will be getting RFA on your back, I am very familiar with that procedure, Bill had many of those over several years.
Barb

BallAquatics

Morning Barb and the rest of the gang.  They say we have haze here in Ohio, but I'm not seeing it LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Hi fellow 'wumpers.  This is one of those comical days where I'm moving but moving bent and in somewhat slow motion.  I figured that what I did yesterday would take t's toll today.  No biggie, though.  I'm doing WC on the office tanks right now.  My goal after that is to sweep, vacuum and mop the floors.  It doesn't sound like much but it will be a challenge.  I'm pretty sure I'll get it done.

My customer with the Scotty asked if she could switch to Monday morning because her daughter will be flying in for a visit tomorrow.  That's fine with me and it gives me more time to make the place presentable.  I won't be turning any soil today.  Tomorrow maybe.  I sure would love to give the lawn a bit more of a mow to make my yard a bit more presentable.

Barb, I think the smoke from the fires went north and east of me.  It's still hot with maybe rain, maybe not.  I hope not because I have at least 1 load of laundry (throw rugs) in the wash that I'd like to hang out.

Did I tell you that all those assassin snails my friend on Simply sent me arrived alive?  Snails are tough as nails if they're packed correctly.  I told you that I'd post the tracking history.  It's mind boggling how these poor animals traveled from west to east and back to west again before they finally arrived.  The update just before they arrived says that they were out for delivery to some place in GA.

Tracking History
July 21, 2021, 12:52 pm
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
MOSELLE, MS 39459
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 12:52 pm on July 21, 2021 in MOSELLE, MS 39459.
July 21, 2021, 7:02 am
Out for Delivery
STATESBORO, GA 30459
July 21, 2021, 6:51 am
Arrived at Post Office
MOSELLE, MS 39459
July 21, 2021, 3:37 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
HATTIESBURG MS DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 21, 2021, 3:02 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
HATTIESBURG MS DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 21, 2021, 12:14 am
MOBILE AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
July 20, 2021, 11:49 pm
July 20, 2021, 11:13 pm
July 20, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
July 19, 2021, 1:40 am
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 19, 2021, 12:23 am
July 19, 2021, 12:06 am
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
July 18, 2021, 11:16 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
July 17, 2021, 9:17 pm
CHARLESTON WV PROCESSING CENTER
July 17, 2021, 9:16 pm
July 17, 2021, 9:15 pm
July 17, 2021, 9:11 pm
CHARLESTON WV PROCESSING CENTER
July 17, 2021, 11:14 am
Departed USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30354
July 17, 2021, 5:40 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30354
July 17, 2021, 2:30 am
MACON GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
July 17, 2021, 2:14 am
MACON GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
July 16, 2021, 11:20 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
July 16, 2021, 1:30 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
STATESBORO, GA 30458
July 16, 2021, 5:15 am
Departed USPS Facility
SWAINSBORO, GA 30401
July 16, 2021, 5:15 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
SWAINSBORO, GA 30401
July 16, 2021, 3:14 am
July 15, 2021, 12:09 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
July 14, 2021, 1:41 am
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
July 13, 2021, 7:50 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
July 13, 2021, 4:35 pm
Departed Post Office
BULVERDE, TX 78163
July 13, 2021, 9:42 am
USPS in possession of item
BULVERDE, TX 78163
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

That is almost a miracle they survived all that time.  The USPS is .....well I guess I won't say it.  I am very sad today, one of my lovely 6 goldfish I raised from a little 2" feeder 4+ yrs ago is dead.  He got sucked into one of my two powerful pond pumps, still don't know how he got in there.  I work hard to make them fishproof.  I just can't stand thinking what he went through before he died.  Hope it was fast.  I had thought a heron or snake got him but then my waterfall slowed down, something was stuck.  Hot and hazy still .  I will be gone all day tomorrow, no laptop so I will check in on Sunday.  Have a good weekend all.
Barb

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It's been a day of relaxation for me. After watering my lawn this morning I have done very little except sit around and watch the grass grow.

It's been a beautiful day here with the high temp getting up to 84 degrees under party cloudy skies. Zero chance of rain today.

Liz, I've seen many tracking histories but I've never seen anything close to that history. I am so happy that the snails made to you alive. Those assassins are quite hardy to survive a trip like that even if they were well packed. Good for you. |^| |^| |^|

I have been fooling around making changes to the fish tanks. I've come to the conclusion that I need to move the Ram parents shortly after the fry become fee swimming. It looks like they want to spawn again and the fry become threats to them.

Have a great evening everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I didn't do nearly what I had planned today, but I did my best.  I know that after more rest I will be able to do more tomorrow.  Self medication toward the evening has helped w!w w!w mim.  As long as I can be happy with what is is good enough to me

My new ram pair of a pitch black ram male and gold female from pitch black parents.  I'm looking forward to seeing the percentage of black these produce.  They could well be worthless for me as breeders or they could turn out to be a valuable pair.  The pair may also be worthless to me because they eat their kids.  I know it's silly, but it's something I can't stand.  It goes back to me being a Discus breeder.

I've been hatching out a clutch of Mystery Snail eggs.  It's my first time and this is the first female I have had produce a clutch. I don't know about this clutch.  After several days a few eggs have plumped up.  I know that with fresh water fish the females usually become fertile before the male.  These eggs may have been fertilized by a young male or not fertilized at all if the female who needed to lay eggs laid them without having been fertilized.  I learn best what works for me, in my water by trying to DIM.

Always move forward. Never look back.